Joomla! bridge with SMF 1.1 RC1

Started by marlyred, September 22, 2005, 06:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpmilius

Quote from: Orstio on September 22, 2005, 09:42:04 PM
In your SMF admin pnael, "Current Theme", what is in the textbox for this: 

This theme's directory:

mine was set to the wrong directory. In creating my test site, I copied my 1.0.5 site and database to another account and did the update there. I had updated everything in Settings.php to reflect the new site and got it working, and then I did the upgrade. But now my "This theme's directory" was still set the the old path from my previous install.

I tried changing it to point to the current path, but am now getting a "Template Parse Error" page. My default is set to the oxygen theme so I'd like to change the default back to original Default to see if there's a problem there too. Is there something I can change in phpMyAdmin to do this? I can't get the admin menu anymore because of the "Template Parse Error."

-bob

--edit--
I managed to change the theme_guests variable in the smf_themes table to "1" (default theme), and the ID_THEME for each member in the smf_members tables to "1" as well. Now I can log in to smf stand alone again. I also fixed the path in theme_dir for my themes in the smf_themes table.

I still have the problems logging in and out. But at least the guest can see the forum. And if I log into SMF in stand alone in a different window, it works fine there and now I can even see myself logged in the forum functioning in my mambo window. But when I try to log out, it's giving me the " Unable to load the 'main' template" error.

One thing I noticed in the tables while perusing with phpMyAdmin, several paths are still pointing to my old path before the move (eg attachment and smiley directories). Seems like these ought to be updated when I upated Settings.php file after I copied the site to a testing area.

rpmilius

Quote from: TriGrrrl on September 23, 2005, 10:57:09 AM
Just to report that I've installed SMF 1.1 RC1 and got the same problem I had when I upgraded to SMF 1.1 Beta 4...

"Unable to load main"

It was the same problem as before, where Source/MOS_SMF.php had 0 bytes.  When I copied this file back up manually, everything worked smoothly again.

That behavior was rumored to be a SMF bug with file uploads.  If this is the case, it still exists in 1.1 RC1.

TG

PS - Here's the topic where we hashed this out before with SMF 1.1 Beta 4:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=47377.0

thanks!!! that was it!

My Sources/MOS_SMF.php file had zero bytes too. I replaced it by hand with the original from the smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz (found in "step-by-step install/step 1" in MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3.zip)  and now it seems to work!  :D

crossing my fingers now...

-bob

marlyred

Just to report that I've installed SMF 1.1 RC1 and got the same problem I had when I upgraded to SMF 1.1 Beta 4...

"Unable to load main"

It was the same problem as before, where Source/MOS_SMF.php had 0 bytes.  When I copied this file back up manually, everything worked smoothly again.

That behavior was rumored to be a SMF bug with file uploads.  If this is the case, it still exists in 1.1 RC1.

TG

Works for me! Thanks a lot...

marlyred

Well I am still having problems....I cannot log in using the login form that is built in to the forum, I can only login via the login module in Joomla. And the new users are not being replicated in the user manager in the back end of Joomla... :'(

Orstio

marlyred

Sorry Orstio, is on my local pc.....

kai920

Quote from: marlyred on September 23, 2005, 02:16:41 PM
Well I am still having problems....I cannot log in using the login form that is built in to the forum, I can only login via the login module in Joomla. And the new users are not being replicated in the user manager in the back end of Joomla... :'(

Exact same problem I am having...  commenting out line 556 in includes/joomla.php is correctly logging me into both joomla and smf -- I can see the Joomla user menu items.  (in the admin backend I am more than one instance of "kai920"?? is this normal?)

I also cannot use the built in SMF form to login.  What error are you getting?  Mine says "You didn't enter your password."

kai920

More on the "multiple instances" of my last post:

I found that every time i refresh my website or click on any link, one additional instance of "kai920' is added as logged in (Joomla! backend)

This must have something to do with disabling line 556 of joomla.php.  Anyone have similar reports?

Kindred

yes...   Orstio figured that bit out...   the Joomla people added the session cookie information because mambo was notroiously bad about tracking ACTUAL logins...

So, removing the line as per the hack takes you BACK to the way mambo handled things... and hence it records multiple instances of people logging in, even if they are actually only logged in once...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

powadha

I've got the same basic install: Joomla 1.01 and SMF 1.1-rc1 and version MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3.zip of the brigde. I guess I'm getting a bit of a different problem. After making a clean install of mentionend components, I can register a member but after registering it  displays the forum full screen (it doesn't wrap anymore).
Just going back to the page shows the normal joomla page and clicking forum shows the forum wrapped. All seems fine, but logout is not possible! Clicking loguit in the joomla page or in the forum doesn't make any difference. I can only logout by removing the cookie. Login in after removing the cookie isn't possible anymore.....

Any clues on what might be wrong?

Regards

You can have a go at hxxp:www.zzf98clan.net [nonactive] (an old domain I keep for testing)

Orstio

You did not complete installation of Step 1.

powadha

Ah, fixed that..thanx.

It seems to work but only a small (I hope) error remains.
Register, login and logout all works in joomla mainpage. Trying to login at the forum (wrapped) gives me:

8: Undefined property: login
File: /var/www/virtual/zzf98clan.net/html/forum/Sources/MOS_SMF.php
Line: 46

and if logged in and trying to logout with the smf button I get:

8: Undefined property: logout
Line: 467

Just opening the forum page itself works fine. Can login and logout without any problems....

Did I do something wrong again?

Regards

Orstio

Quote8: Undefined property: login
Line: 46

and if logged in and trying to logout with the smf button I get:

8: Undefined property: logout
Line: 467

Go to your Joomla admin panel.  Go to your Modules menu, and click on Site Modules.

Find the mod_smf_login in the list of modules.  It might not be on the first page.  Click on it.

Edit the params to your liking, and click Save at the top of the page.

powadha

thanx for solving this....guess it's newbie stuff so thanx again for taking the time to explain.  Now its time to take hxxp:www.linuxplaza.net [nonactive] to be switched from xoops to joomla with this brilliant forum (which is going to be hours of headaches I'm afraid ;))

Regards (a new fan ;))

majiren

I have gone through all the steps and installed the bridge, all insalled fine.

now when i log in via the new "bridged" login. It redirects me to the forum no matter how i set the module... I would like it to "Back to the Mambo Homepage" but it does not.

thanks for the help

<EDIT>i just uninstalled then re-installed the smf_login mod, and it works :-)

NoRad

"Unable to load main"

TG

Ditto. Same problem for me. a manual copy of the mos_smf.php file worked.

Kindred

it seems to be a problem with RC1...  if a file already exists and the package manager tries to copy a new version over it, the new version comes in as 0kb.

I had no problems using the package manager on a clean install....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NoRad

Yes, but doesn't it "uninstall" the packages when you upgrade? It doesn't appear to be deleting the file if so.

Kindred

Rad...

it "uninstalls" mods when you upgrade because it overwrites the SMF Source files...   additional files (like MOS-SMF.php or the shop mod or arcade mod files) are not deleted...   
Слaва
Украинi

NoRad

Yeah, I can see how this would happen. Either way, that's all it took to fix my upgrade. I upgraded to Joomla and 1.1r1 without any other trouble. Took about 15 minutes.

Advertisement: