News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Looking for a @username tag mod

Started by Sethv2, May 23, 2013, 01:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethv2

Interesting, I'm still looking for this. I might just get this!

BigMike

Quote from: Nibogo on April 07, 2014, 04:38:46 PM
I've released one tagging mod with notifications: http://www.smfpacks.com/mentionsmod
Nibogo,

Looks AWESOME. A few questions...

1. Does the at symbol have to be used (it appears to be the trigger for the system but for example this isn't necessary with Facebook),

2. If so, is it automatically removed from the display of the submitted post? (I didn't see any submitted post example pictures on your website and I think it would look odd and tacky to have a bunch of @ signs all over the place), and

3. Does the person's username used as a "mention" get converted to a URL to the person's profile once the post is submitted (again as with Facebook)?

Thanks!!
BigMike

EDIT:
Quote from: BigMike on April 08, 2014, 07:49:59 PM
1. Does the at symbol have to be used (it appears to be the trigger for the system but for example this isn't necessary with Facebook),
Thought of something, if this is a requirement, then you could instead base the requirement on a minimum word length before the mention system kicks in -- but this would exclude anyone with a really short username...

hcfwesker

Quote from: Nibogo on April 09, 2014, 12:21:03 AM
1. Not at the moment, but it's actually a good idea.

The only issue I see with that is it should be optional for admins to chose, if its done to the mod.  Some people just like to list member names in posts without actually having them get mention notifications etc.

emicd

some mod like this but free? its not because i dont want to pay, its becasuse its very difficult to pay in uss from my county.. just a politics desicion. And by the way its to use in a forum from a non profit organiation

live627

emicd

waiting!!!!!!!!!!! let me know please  :)

emicd

Advertisement: