News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Please can someone help me configur this

Started by cyberhat, May 23, 2013, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

And you still don't realise that you're probably going to shoot yourself in the foot with the hide mod.

OK, so let me explain. The main reason for putting it in is because you want people to post. But you're asking them to post on things they can't see, so they'll post one liners and other rubbish so they can see whatever it is you want them to post to be able to see. The problem of no participation goes away and the problem becomes crap participation.

Kindred

Quote from: cyberhat on May 24, 2013, 06:22:24 AM
Quote from: Kindred on May 24, 2013, 05:52:21 AM
if you are having problems with a mods... just like problems with a theme - ask them in the support topic for that mod.
(and your question was already answered in that support topic - so double posting in that topic and in general support was uncalled for)

sorry about that but really needed a quicker response

and *THAT* is a bogus excuse for breaking "the rules"
people are allowed mistakes and many folks do it - and are then pointed to the correct place to ask for help with mods (in the support thread for that mod) -- but purposefully posting here when you apparently knew better ... AND making it a double post is obnoxious in the extreme.
If the mod doesn't work for you and you can't get support in the support thread, then don't use it. Plain and simple.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: