News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Setting up Roles in SimpleDesk

Started by JuddtheLord, May 26, 2013, 01:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuddtheLord

I set up a membergroup named Staff. I assigned it a Role named Helpers. Member Admin is in the membergroup Staff.
When I try to assign Admin to a ticket, I get:

There are no staff configured; it is not possible to assign a ticket. Please contact your administrator.

What am I missing?

YogiBear

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Orangine

ARG01

QuoteWhere can I get support?
In order to keep all support request gathered in one place, which ensures the best support we can give, we ask that any issues are posted on our community forum.

Their site don't seem to be very active though.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Arantor

Why would it need to be active? There's hardly any users.

Also, this is quite frankly the stupidest feature I ever added in SimpleDesk.

In any case, a quick search of that site would have answered the question, http://www.simpledesk.net/community/index.php?topic=1307.0 contains the answer and explanation of why.

ARG01

Quote from: Arantor on May 26, 2013, 03:29:20 PM
Why would it need to be active? There's hardly any users.

Simple observation.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Arantor

That's the thing... since there's hardly any people using SD, there's almost no support requirement as a result ;)

I shudder to think how many hundreds and hundreds of hours I burned on it for so little use. Hell, even I don't use it any more, and for the Wedge version I'm actually going to be doing it from scratch anyway.

JuddtheLord

Thank you Arantor, the link solved my problem. The staff was set so
it could not assign a ticket to itself. I unticked that option. Ticket Closed.

Arantor

Awesome. I still think I shouldn't have added that option in the first place. :/

ARG01

QuoteThat's the thing... since there's hardly any people using SD, there's almost no support requirement as a result

Well it must be a decent mod since as of now has been downloaded 2641 times and little support needed. I normally don't use mods but I think I will give this one a whirl.

Arantor

Thing is, it's 3 years old and hasn't been significantly touched in almost 2 years other than a few bug fixes on the Github repo, which I don't think got propagated to the distribution :/

ARG01

Arantor

https://github.com/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk

Though the one in SVN includes a primitive search feature I never got around to fixing. And I see, looking at it, that some very kind people did some 2.1 compatibility too.

ARG01

Arantor

There are some very interesting comments in there, like the bug introduced (and still not fixed) by a developer who clearly can't read the comment in the very line above the line that was edited... as per https://github.com/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk/commit/ab8dbeb799c0ed879cd2876b910c7eb6c70572a8 (yes, I'm still bitter about that because no-one has bothered to fix it, I don't have access rights to that repo, not that I would pick it up now anyway)

Advertisement: