The word 'The' appears twice in the post notification email.

Started by SDMCC, May 27, 2013, 02:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDMCC

The automatic SMF post notification that we receive by regular email finishes with the lines >
Regards,
The The forum of whatever your forum is called.

The last line has the word 'The' appearing twice in it, how do I remove the extra 'The'.

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

SDMCC

YogiBear

I think what Yoshi was asking is whether the word 'The' also appears in your forum name.

Can't be certain if this is the problem but your header reads...

The forum of the Southampton and District Motor Cycle Club - SDMCC. By Motorcyclists - For Motorcyclists. Club website. hxxp://www.sdmcc.net
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

SDMCC

Yes, that is the forum name, is that the problem, if so how can I address it?

Arantor

Kindred

that is the "problem"
(although it's not specifically a problem, since most forums do not use "the" int heir forum names.

You can change the contents of the email messages in EmailTemplates.english.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SDMCC

Where can I find the EmailTemplates.english.php please.

Kindred

along with all the other language files... :P

Themes/default/languages
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

You won't find anything there though, just {REGARDS}.

You can edit the forum name over at Admin > Configuration > Server Settings, which will be the easier method.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Yoshi on May 27, 2013, 03:26:23 PM
You won't find anything there though, just {REGARDS}.

You can edit the forum name over at Admin > Configuration > Server Settings, which will be the easier method.

{REGARDS} is $txt['regards_team'] in Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

$txt['regards_team'] = 'Regards,' . "\n" . 'The ' . $context['forum_name'] . ' Team.';
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

NanoSector

Oh, thanks Oldies :)
Was too lazy to trace it back, heh.

SDMCC

I'm getting a bit confused now, i'm a bit of an oldy, I can even remember the start of World War 2!!

All I want to do is get rid of a 'The' in >
Regards,
The The forum of the Southampton and District Motor Cycle Club - SDMCC. Team.

Make it a bit clearer for me please.

Arantor

Seriously, just go into the admin panel and change the name of the forum to "Southampton and District Motor Cycle Club - SDMCC Team" (Admin > Configuration > Server Settings > General)

SDMCC

Ok, shame though, cos' The forum of the Southampton and District Motor Cycle Club - SDMCC has a nice ring to it.

Thanks

Kindred

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 27, 2013, 03:29:15 PM
$txt['regards_team'] in Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

$txt['regards_team'] = 'Regards,' . "\n" . 'The ' . $context['forum_name'] . ' Team.';
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

There are other places the forum name is used, outside of email notifications, and those assume 'The' isn't in it either.

SDMCC

Kindred, are you saying replace with your code as shown.

NanoSector

SDMCC, just changing the forum name is a lot easier than changing the source code and will give you much less trouble.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: SDMCC on May 27, 2013, 03:57:00 PM
Ok, shame though, cos' The forum of the Southampton and District Motor Cycle Club - SDMCC has a nice ring to it.

Thanks

Try "Southampton and District Motor Cycle Club (SDMCC) Forum". It's shorter and doesn't look weird when "The" is plastered in front of it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

SDMCC

Plastered!!  :o :o
Ok, I give in, I'll change the name.  :P ::) ;D

Thanks all.  ;D

Advertisement: