Members cant post attachments or see attachements.

Started by shorrog, June 04, 2013, 05:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorrog

Hi There. I wonder if anyone can help with an issue I have on my forum. As an administrator I can post attachments to posts and I can see the attachment in the post. However members of the forum  cannot do the same even though the permissions say they should be able to. I am only using the default profile and the members are "Regular Member" I am using SMF 2.0.4

Shambles

Expand "view additional board content" and see what's allowed in there...

Also, in "Attachments and Avatars" (Admin > Forum >) what is set for "Attachments mode" ?

shorrog

Hi There
Many thanks for your response and just an apology I am really new to this and don't yet know my way round all items. Where is the view additional board content"  to be found?

The Attachment mode is set to" Enable all attachments "

Graham

Shambles

QuoteWhere is the view additional board content"  to be found?
Near the bottom of your screenshot ;)

shorrog

Shambles

Hey, don't worry :)

It all seems set up correctly - I assume you have no attachment-related mods installed or restrictions on filetypes permitted as attachments?

If nobody else suggests anything in the meantime I'll have another think when I get home from work ( :-X).

Is it possible to have a link to your forum (PM it if you wish) so I can join as a regular member? You never know, it might help.

shorrog

Hi I have sent forum link as pm.

I don't think I have any attachment mods installed and I am allowing all common file types. The only thing we do have is the simple gallery and this works fine, members can upload photos to the gallery.

Graham

Shambles

Joined.

Can see posts with attachments

Added a .jpg attachment as a reply to an existing post

Created a new topic and added multiple attachment types

Are you sure your members actually know what to click, to add attachments?

shorrog

Many thanks for your response. I think it's not just the members that are confused this administrator is also struggling.
It would appear that it is an intermittent problem, some times when as a regular member you select attachments the dialogue box does not appear but at the moment it's working.

shorrog

Hi All
The issue is now resolved and I thought I would describe the resolution.  The problem turned out to only effect one of the discussion boards even though all boards had the same permissions setting as "default". When I tried to view the permissions of the effected board I got an error message that said you are not allowed to access this section (I was logged in as administrator). I then selected modify and changed the permissions for guests. Subsequently I could then see the permissions of the effected board and after reverting the guests permissions back to its previous setting everything worked correctly.

Advertisement: