Cannot logout, loginto admin panel or post in my swedish 1.0.5

Started by Schade, September 22, 2005, 12:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schade

Something happened today with my forum. No one can logout without an error messsage "Verifiering av sessionen misslyckades. Försök att logga ut och in igen, och försök sedan igen." "Verify of the session failed, please log out and back again" I get the same error when I try to login to the admin panel.

When I or someone else tries to post a message or pm the error is:
"Följande fel uppstod när du postade inlägget:
Tiden för din session gick ut medan du skrev inlägget. Var vänlig och försök att skicka meddelandet igen. "
"The time for your session expired while writing the message, please try again"

Tried to search here, but did not find anything. Tried the Repairscript and changed SMFcookie10 to SMFcookie11 as suggested, but that did not help.

Any suggestions what could have happened?

http://kullenssfk.se/forum

Oldiesmann

What do you get when you run this query in phpMyAdmin?

SELECT value FROM smf_settings WHERE variable = 'databaseSession_enable';

Also, is the folder specified in the "session.save_path" in your phpinfo writable?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Schade

QuoteSQL-fråga : [Ändra] [Förklara SQL-kod] [Skapa PHP-kod]
SELECT value
FROM smf_settings
WHERE variable = 'databaseSession_enable' LIMIT 0 , 30

Schade

Regarding "Also, is the folder specified in the "session.save_path" in your phpinfo writable?"
I cant find it. Sorry but I´m a n00b in this matter :)

But nothing have been changed. I made a post this morning, then I went out for a fishing trip, and when I returned I suddenly could not post, logout...

xenovanis

Schade, there is a file called repair_settings.php in the download area. Upload it to your forum location and run it from there. If databasedriven sessions are enabled, try to disable it.

What is repair_settings.php?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Schade

Yes, that worked.

Should I keep it disabled? It says not recommended.

Any idea what could have happened?

Thx for your help.

xenovanis

Maybe something changed on your server. Well, if this works and enabling doesn't work, keep it this way even if it's not recommended.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Schade

Thank you very much again for the help.

Now I´m happy again  ;D

Schade

Now I can log out, enter the Adminpanel, and post...But:
The Posts does not show?
I can see the last message in the left field "latest message blablabla by blabla
But themessage does not show upp, I cannot se it. Same if I edit or post in an active tread, then it dissaperars.

Errorlog says:
Quote8: Only variables should be assigned by reference
Fil: /customers/kullenssfk.se/kullenssfk.se/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Rad: 232

Any ideas what could have happened sice the change ni repair_setttings above ?

/Schade

dipankar

I had the same session problem with my forum and I followed the same process as described above by uploading the repair_settings.php and disabling the database session feature. Now I can easily login into admin control panel but when I post any message, it doesn't display in the forum. I don't know what is the problem now. Please help.
Dipankar Kasaju
www.forum.com.np
www.cybersansar.com

xenovanis

Quote from: Schade on September 23, 2005, 01:23:01 AM
Now I can log out, enter the Adminpanel, and post...But:
The Posts does not show?
I can see the last message in the left field "latest message blablabla by blabla
But themessage does not show upp, I cannot se it. Same if I edit or post in an active tread, then it dissaperars.

Errorlog says:
Quote8: Only variables should be assigned by reference
Fil: /customers/kullenssfk.se/kullenssfk.se/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Rad: 232

Any ideas what could have happened sice the change ni repair_setttings above ?

/Schade

Have you applied the PHP 4.4.0 Compatibility patch?

Schade

I could not install the package trhu adminpanel, but i I downloaded
"php-4.4.0-compat.tar.gz " and isntalled it manually then it worked.
All post from today, I had to click in the rigt frame (i saw that it was posted in) and reply in it, then it came back in the right place again.

Should I still download this?
QuoteFind the following in Sources/Subs.php:
= &mysql_query
And remove the & (ampersand.) 
Tried to find that line but the only thing I found was:
Quote$ret = mysql_query($db_string, $db_connection);
   if ($ret === false)
      $ret = db_error($db_string, $file, $line);

Or as the forum seems to work as it should, leave averything as it is until next time I find any problem?

This is what i can find out from b-one.net logging into the database:
QuoteVälkommen till phpMyAdmin 2.5.7-pl1
MySQL 4.0.24_Debian-10-log körs på localhost

Again, thank you very much for the help.

xenovanis

If you applied the changes manually there is no need to upload the file. If it works, leave it like this.

David_Q

I have the exakt same problem, i cant upgrade to PHP 4.4.0 via adminpanel. Im very new to this but I cant seem to find the file mentioned above to manually do it. Help me find the file ::)

ps i have upgraded to SMF 1.0.5

xenovanis

David_Q

I have looked in the subs.php but it already looks like it should. (= mysql_query). My forum works, thats not the problem but when I try to upgrade via the adminpanel to 4.4.0 it dosent work, "paket corrupt". Im a little disturbed, do I need to upgrade to 4.4.o or what?

xenovanis

David_Q

Ok,  and thanks for an incredible forum and outstanding help guys!

Advertisement: