I want to block user to not to spam my smf and post link on my smf

Started by Xpresskonami, June 04, 2013, 02:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

Please help me, on hw to block userz to stop spamming my site and post links, please am using the new smf 2.0.4 version

Xpresskonami

Please help me, on hw to block userz to stop spamming my site and post links, please am using the new smf 2.0.4 version

Shambles

You could always try doing some reading, like putting "Spammers" into the search box.

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Shambles on June 04, 2013, 04:16:18 AM
You could always try doing some reading, like putting "Spammers" into the search box.
please explain well, i cant understand. Some members register to my smf and make a topic with full of spam words and links

Shambles

There's lots of help available - you're not the first member to ask for advice on spammers ;)

Chalky

Topics merged.   Please do not post multiple topics for the same issue.

Irisado

I don't get the impression that this is a coding issue.  I think that you might find some mods of use.  Try looking at this one to start with.  There are others which I'm sure that a quick search will turn up as well.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Chalky

Irisado

Quote from: ChalkCat on June 04, 2013, 12:26:01 PM
Oh yeah, thanks Irisado, I forgot that bit  :P  Moved  ;)

I was going to report it, but figured you'd probably see it while I was typing the report ;).

Meanwhile, because I'm feeling ultra generous at this moment in time (i.e. my PhD is killing me softly), I've put together a quick search for stop spam (results here), so the OP can start with that.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: