News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Missing css styles

Started by naoko15, June 04, 2013, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naoko15

Hello, i need help with my forum. Suddenly all styling is missing, even though i've checked my theme files and they're all there

http://goo.gl/j3eHn

I didn't install anything, or did anything to it. It happened all of sudden.

Help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Shambles

Looks fine to me, apart from

QuoteBienvenido(a), %1$s. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.

What do you think's missing?

MrPhil

If you're occasionally failing to load your .css files, try going into Admin and disabling hostname lookup. Sometimes that will do the trick.

naoko15

Thank you for your replies. I can't find hostname lookup in admin. It is supossed to be in Features and Options-> Layout and Options, isn't it?

Also, going into Forum Maintenance results in this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_optimize() (previously declared in /home/content/30/7728430/html/foros/SMF/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code:1262) in /home/content/30/7728430/html/foros/SMF/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 557

I suposse it's related?

kat

Can you go to Admin>Server settings and uncheck "Disable evaluation of templates"? Then, you'll get the true error, which that "eval" thing is masking.

Normally, that error crops-up if a mod's been installed twice, but you say you haven't installed anything. So, this is a bit curious.

Shambles

I can't find hostname lookup in admin. It is supossed to be in Features and Options-> Layout and Options, isn't it?

No, it's in Server Settings > General

Kindred

also... can not redeclare usually means that you have, somehow, double installed a mod...  the only real fix for it is to MANUALLY remove the duplicated code (and there is typically more duplication than just the part that causes the error - you have to parse through the entire mod install and find all duplicated code....)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

naoko15

But the last time i installed a mod was ages ago...years even. I haven't changed or installed anything.

I've disabled evaluation of templates and the same error keeps showing up in Forum Maintenance. Also, certain areas of the admin (like Core Features) can't be opened as it says the theme won't load, although Theme Settings let me see the index.template.php and css styles

Still can't find 'Disable hostname lookup' ¿?

kat

If the error's exactly the same (Which I have to say that I doubt), can you attach Load.php, so we can take a look at it?

naoko15

kat

"template_optimize" doesn't even appear in that file.

So, as I mentioned, I suspect the error's different, if you disable evaluation of templates.

ManageMaintenance.template.php is more likely to be the file in question, methinks.

naoko15

Quote from: K@ on June 06, 2013, 05:57:08 AM
"template_optimize" doesn't even appear in that file.

So, as I mentioned, I suspect the error's different, if you disable evaluation of templates.

ManageMaintenance.template.php is more likely to be the file in question, methinks.

Evaluation of templates is disabled. I've only found ManageMaintenance.php in Sources. There's no ManageMaintenance.template.php. Where can i find that file?

kat

In the default theme's directory.

Thing is, if templates aren't being evaluated, you shouldn't be seeing the part in red...

content/30/7728430/html/foros/SMF/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code:1262)

MrPhil

Is the error message now giving you a line number in ManageMaintenance.php? Show us that line plus maybe 10 before and 5 after (tell us which line is the one the error was reported on). And of course, the exact error message. Or are you still getting eval in the error message?

naoko15

Quote from: K@ on June 06, 2013, 01:33:26 PM
In the default theme's directory.

Thing is, if templates aren't being evaluated, you shouldn't be seeing the part in red...

content/30/7728430/html/foros/SMF/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code:1262)

It is the strangest thing, as the error doesn't change when disabling or enabling evaluation of templates results. I've attached the file and a screen capture.

Quote from: MrPhil on June 06, 2013, 01:34:50 PM
Is the error message now giving you a line number in ManageMaintenance.php? Show us that line plus maybe 10 before and 5 after (tell us which line is the one the error was reported on). And of course, the exact error message. Or are you still getting eval in the error message?

It is still like this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_optimize() (previously declared in /home/content/30/7728430/html/foros/SMF/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code:1262) in /home/content/30/7728430/html/foros/SMF/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 557

:/

Shambles

Your default theme now appears to be the "core" theme. Eval'd template issues aside, is that what you intended (it wasn't like that when I looked a couple of days ago).

naoko15

Quote from: Shambles on June 07, 2013, 04:57:15 AM
Your default theme now appears to be the "core" theme. Eval'd template issues aside, is that what you intended (it wasn't like that when I looked a couple of days ago).

Yes, i changed it to see what happened. I've changed it back.

kat

Template evaluation can't've been disabled, if you're still getting the eval()'d thing.

Are you sure that's got a check beside it?

Kindred

actually, it could, K@...   in this case, I think that the error may be buried deep.

However, the duplicate function error message does tell us that he has issues... he just has to FIND wherre the function was added and why it was added twice.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

It could? Golly, I hadn't realised that, at all. Ta!

I guess we need to see if a mod's been installed, of late, then, ay?

Advertisement: