News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Missing css styles

Started by naoko15, June 04, 2013, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

I have seen eval remain, especially when portal blocks are involved...
basically, the "turn off eval" function works correctly within the SMF standard files, normally...   however, in this case I think he's got deeper issues.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Sure looks that way. Let's see if we can get info on mods and stuff...

Actually, a URL might help, too, so we can inspect an element, or twelve. :)

kat

I did a bit of detective work. It COULD be here:

http://sinfomusic.net/foros/SMF/index.php

ETA... Just read the first post... http://goo.gl/j3eHn

Same place.

naoko15

So...what should i do? : (

kat

Quote from: K@ on June 07, 2013, 12:40:00 PM
Sure looks that way. Let's see if we can get info on mods and stuff...

What mods do you have, installed?

naoko15

These are my mods...but i installed them ages ago

MrPhil

Are you really only at SMF 2.0 Beta 1? That's ancient. Lots of bugs have been fixed since then. You ought to be thinking about installing 2.0.4 and migrating your database to that. Make a test copy to experiment with, so you don't mess up your production forum. Try installing your mods to see if you can't make any work at 2.0.4. I'm not sure if there is a "small upgrade" path to get to 2.0.4, or if you'd be better off doing a Large Upgrade directly to 2.0.4. Beta 1 is woefully out of date, and probably has been hacked.

You do seem to have "eval" turned off, according to the screenshot. With no portal installed, it's puzzling as to where the "eval" is coming from, unless it's something from way back in Beta 1.

If you're getting a "cannot redeclare" all of a sudden, I would suspect that someone or something has modified your code without your permission. Take a look at the "last modified" date on all your SMF files, to see if something's been edited by a hack. Also look around for files that you cannot account for as properly being part of SMF (e.g., backdoors and Trojans).

naoko15

Thank you, i've checked the forum's files but found nothing out of the ordinary.

Also, i followed your advice and upgraded to SMF 2.0.4. At first, It loaded the detault theme ok, but in a while it stopped working. I didn't install anything or changed the default template. Now it displays this error message:

"Unable to load the 'main_above' template."

I've tried typing .../index.php?theme=1 but it doesn't work : (

Help please

naoko15

Sorry to bump this, but i've no idea what to do, i'm desperate...i really need help

kat

OK.

It WAS working. Then, it wasn't.

There must've been something that was done, just before it stopped working.

naoko15

Thanks for your reply, My brother just told me he tried to change the configuration of a mod called 'Separated Birthday from Events' . But i don't know how that could affect the forum, as i think mods aren't working anymore after the update? There hasn't been any more changes.

kat

Oh, hell. Give your brother a slap. ;)

Wanna try this, to get your forum files into a virgin state?

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Also, tell your brother to read my sig, before he goes poking around, will you? Tell him to click it, to get the full "How do I do that?" thing. ;)

naoko15

Ok, i followed the instructions but it didn't work...it's still the same : (

kat

Even if you use the default theme, it seems. That may be because you made another theme the forum default and denied people the choice to select others.

If that's the case, what happens, if you rename the theme you have set as the default? Just add a zero to the end of the directory name, or something.

naoko15

Renamed default directory and nothing changed

kat

NOOOO! Not the SMF default theme!

Quotewhat happens, if you rename the theme you have set as the default?

i.e. your forum's default theme, not the one named "default".

If you rename that theme, your forum should switch to the SMF default theme, automatically. Or croak, entirely. In which case, name the directory back to it's original name.

naoko15

That's it, i had the default theme as 'default'.

kat

You replaced all the files, with new ones. This error really shouldn't be happening, then.

Did you ever find out what your brother did, before you slapped him?

naoko15

Yes, i replaced them. I think my brother tried to change the configuration of the calendar

kat

Ever thought of banning him? ;)

I don't suppose you have backup, from before he started messing with things, do you?

If you restore a backup of the software, but not the database, you should get the forum back and not lose any posts.

If not, you could try asking your host about that, coz they might have one.

Advertisement: