News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

numbered lists using code view (toggle button)

Started by brynn, June 08, 2013, 07:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
I'm still new to SMF, but have come across what I think might be a bug.  I don't find any similar reports when searching this board.  But I did find a link to the bug tracker, where I found a closed (solved) report:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?debug;topic=333806.0;imode.  However, that report appears to be for 2.0 and I'm using 2.04.  So maybe the problem isn't solved, or came back?

Steps to reproduce.

• Type a numbered list in the msg editor
  • Switch to code view
  • Switch back
  • Notice after you switch back that the numbered list appears to be intact
  • Post the message
  • Now notice that the numbers have been changed to plain bullets.
Since I'm not a beta tester, I don't have a clean install.  But it's relatively new, and with relatively few mods installed.  I'll try to put all the info below, as much as I know.

SMF: version 2.04

Mods:

• Simple Colorizer 1.1
  • Stop Spammer 2.3.9
  • Sorted Pkg Mgr Listing 1.0.2
  • Fancy Posts 0.4.1
  • Extended Help 1.0
  • No Temp Dir Removal 1.1.8
  • Integration Hooks Report 1.5.2
  • Dev Center 0.3
  • Forum Firewall 1.1.6
  • SMF Articles 2.5.1
  • More Spiders 1.2
  • Enhanced Dropdown 1.2
  • Tiny Portal 1.107
Theme:  Aqua Style

Languages:

• French
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • German Informal
  • Spanish Latin
  • Spanish Es
  • default is English
UTF8: I'm not sure.  All the non-English language are utf8, and the server is utf8, but there's a setting under Forum Maintenance > Database for "Convert the database and data to UTF8" which has not been run, that I know of.

Caching Level:  don't know -- But it seems like it should be look-up-able, if you can tell me where to look.

I don't know much about the server, but I found this info, if it helps.  cPanel version 11.38.0 (build 15), also Operating System: linux (my computer's os is Windows 7, 64-bit, and Firefox 21.0)

No errors are showing up in relation to this problem.

I realize this is rather sketchy info.  I can probably find out more about the server.  But mostly, I just want to make sure someone knows about this, because it certainly is annoying.  Let me know if I can provide any additional info  :)

MrPhil

Test list, entered in visual mode:

• item 1
  • item 2
  • item 3
Done with list.

I had to switch back to code view (non-WYSIWYG) in order to finish the list, because it would not let me go beyond the end of item 3 (to the end of the next line). I can see immediately, before even posting, that type=decimal has been lost from the list tag. I expect that when this is posted, it will be a bulleted list.

The WYSIWYG editor in 2.0 is known to be horrendously buggy, and I believe that it has been completely rewritten in 2.1. So, I would not expect to see any fixes for 2.0.x.

brynn

Quote from: MrPhil on June 08, 2013, 08:37:11 PM
The WYSIWYG editor in 2.0 is known to be horrendously buggy, and I believe that it has been completely rewritten in 2.1. So, I would not expect to see any fixes for 2.0.x.

What more could I ask?  I just wanted to make sure it's known (by those who would fix it)  :)

live627

Arantor

On the basis of it being totally replaced, I'm going to move this to the 'dealt with' pile.

Advertisement: