News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

numbered lists using code view (toggle button)

Started by brynn, June 08, 2013, 07:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
I'm still new to SMF, but have come across what I think might be a bug.  I don't find any similar reports when searching this board.  But I did find a link to the bug tracker, where I found a closed (solved) report:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?debug;topic=333806.0;imode.  However, that report appears to be for 2.0 and I'm using 2.04.  So maybe the problem isn't solved, or came back?

Steps to reproduce.

• Type a numbered list in the msg editor
  • Switch to code view
  • Switch back
  • Notice after you switch back that the numbered list appears to be intact
  • Post the message
  • Now notice that the numbers have been changed to plain bullets.
Since I'm not a beta tester, I don't have a clean install.  But it's relatively new, and with relatively few mods installed.  I'll try to put all the info below, as much as I know.

SMF: version 2.04

Mods:

• Simple Colorizer 1.1
  • Stop Spammer 2.3.9
  • Sorted Pkg Mgr Listing 1.0.2
  • Fancy Posts 0.4.1
  • Extended Help 1.0
  • No Temp Dir Removal 1.1.8
  • Integration Hooks Report 1.5.2
  • Dev Center 0.3
  • Forum Firewall 1.1.6
  • SMF Articles 2.5.1
  • More Spiders 1.2
  • Enhanced Dropdown 1.2
  • Tiny Portal 1.107
Theme:  Aqua Style

Languages:

• French
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • German Informal
  • Spanish Latin
  • Spanish Es
  • default is English
UTF8: I'm not sure.  All the non-English language are utf8, and the server is utf8, but there's a setting under Forum Maintenance > Database for "Convert the database and data to UTF8" which has not been run, that I know of.

Caching Level:  don't know -- But it seems like it should be look-up-able, if you can tell me where to look.

I don't know much about the server, but I found this info, if it helps.  cPanel version 11.38.0 (build 15), also Operating System: linux (my computer's os is Windows 7, 64-bit, and Firefox 21.0)

No errors are showing up in relation to this problem.

I realize this is rather sketchy info.  I can probably find out more about the server.  But mostly, I just want to make sure someone knows about this, because it certainly is annoying.  Let me know if I can provide any additional info  :)

MrPhil

Test list, entered in visual mode:

• item 1
  • item 2
  • item 3
Done with list.

I had to switch back to code view (non-WYSIWYG) in order to finish the list, because it would not let me go beyond the end of item 3 (to the end of the next line). I can see immediately, before even posting, that type=decimal has been lost from the list tag. I expect that when this is posted, it will be a bulleted list.

The WYSIWYG editor in 2.0 is known to be horrendously buggy, and I believe that it has been completely rewritten in 2.1. So, I would not expect to see any fixes for 2.0.x.

brynn

Quote from: MrPhil on June 08, 2013, 08:37:11 PM
The WYSIWYG editor in 2.0 is known to be horrendously buggy, and I believe that it has been completely rewritten in 2.1. So, I would not expect to see any fixes for 2.0.x.

What more could I ask?  I just wanted to make sure it's known (by those who would fix it)  :)

live627

Arantor

On the basis of it being totally replaced, I'm going to move this to the 'dealt with' pile.

Advertisement: