News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

can't upload any mods

Started by tas562, June 09, 2013, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storman™

Yes it's correct which makes me wonder if your host allows it !

You could send back a support ticket to them and say what they suggested didn't work..

Or leave and go elsewhere...

tas562

Quote from: Storman™ on June 10, 2013, 02:05:08 PM
Yes it's correct, try it again with:

Quotephp_value memory_limit 128M
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/runestra/public_html/chat/Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 531

Nope..

Storman™

Sorry see my edited post above (128 was never going to work)...  ;)

tas562

Quote from: Storman™ on June 10, 2013, 02:09:11 PM
Sorry see my edited post above (128 was never going to work)...  ;)
will anything work? & i'm talking to the staff member again.

tas562

so they replied with this comment

Should be fixed now.

I hope that I have addressed all of your concerns, but please feel free to reply this ticket if you require further assistance.

but i'm still experiencing the problem..

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on June 10, 2013, 01:43:00 PM
that being said... if you are on hosting24, it won't matter. they don't report the memory correctly (it lies with the memory it reports as available) and they don't respect the increase command either.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tas562

Quote from: Kindred on June 10, 2013, 02:53:22 PM
Quote from: Kindred on June 10, 2013, 01:43:00 PM
that being said... if you are on hosting24, it won't matter. they don't report the memory correctly (it lies with the memory it reports as available) and they don't respect the increase command either.
I use to host smf on hosting24 before & now i'm having this problem, but i'll switch hosts, thanks!
btw, which host is good? I can do 10-15$ monthly.

Kindred

we have a whole board filled with decent hosts. :)

personally, I use ICDsoft.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tas562

Quote from: Kindred on June 10, 2013, 02:57:49 PM
we have a whole board filled with decent hosts. :)

personally, I use ICDsoft.
looks good, so it can host smf + other things like minecraft connecting to the webserver?

Kindred

not sure about that, since I only run websites, I don't play games :)
Слaва
Украинi

tas562

I'm sorry, but I am unable to locate any real advice from the SMF staff on how this issue can be resolved. They seem to be trying to convince You that our memory_limit is not set to 128M. You can find our PHPinfo file @ http://server53.hosting24.com/phpinfo.php [nofollow] which indicates that the memory_limit is in fact set to 128M.

We would suggest getting in touch with their support again explaining them that the memory_limit is in fact set to 128M or try using a different forum software which does not have such issues.

they're saying that the memory issue or w/e is fine..If so, what's causing this error?

kat

Just a small hunch, this...

Can you confirm, with your host, that you have full CHOWN ownership of the files on your site?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

kat

No, it wouldn't. But, as his host claims he has 128 meg, I'm kinda fishing... :P

Advertisement: