Domain/URL problem

Started by fahadtariq73, June 14, 2013, 03:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fahadtariq73

So I am using serversfree.com auto installer's SMF and when i change domain and title from settings.php , and set to .tk domain, it just keeps signing out and does not let me post topic. So the story is that :

I used serversfree.com, Registered a subdomain from them, Then Registered my .tk domain, used DNS and parked it. So when i come to /forum, It uses .tk , but when i click a forum/login , it starts using the subdomain back. So i wan't to solve this problem.

kat

I'm not sure that I understand, to be honest. But, if I HAVE understood, you might want to try this:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

fahadtariq73

Well I used it but still same problem  :( :(

kat

OK. So, from what I can gather, you installed SMF, using serversfree.com's auto installer's SMF.

What I don't get, is the bit about changing your domain and title.

You can change the title, if it's the title that I assume it to be, by going to Admin>Server Settings>Forum Title.

But, I don't get the bit about changing domain.

Can you clarify that, please?

fahadtariq73

Quote from: K@ on June 14, 2013, 05:10:05 PM
OK. So, from what I can gather, you installed SMF, using serversfree.com's auto installer's SMF.

What I don't get, is the bit about changing your domain and title.

You can change the title, if it's the title that I assume it to be, by going to Admin>Server Settings>Forum Title.

But, I don't get the bit about changing domain.

Can you clarify that, please?

Well the default domain subdomain is on bugs3.com. I wan't to use .tk . So I parked domain , then modified it in settings.php. But same problem. It shows index on .tk, and rest on bugs3.com/bla bla It is showing .tk everywhere but signs me out when i click something. This is happening  all the time.

Storman™

I see you mention default Subdomain ? What do you mean ?

Like @K I don't really understand how you've set this up. Is your .tk domain setup as a subdomain as well ?

fahadtariq73

It will be so long to type. I just wan't to ask  you ow to use a .tk domain on SMF with slashes like /forum /members without signing out again and again.

Storman™

QuoteIt will be so long to type.

Well maybe it's related to your issue, so if you don't tell us then we can't help you really without understanding how you have it set-up.

Kindred

you obviously have something wrong with your settings, so you need to provide us with information to help you.
We know that smf works just fine with.tk domains (as with any other domains)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fahadtariq73

So can someone just show me a working forum on SMF running on .tk domain without signing out again and again and the hosting provided by serversfree.com ??  >:( >:(

kat

I'm finding it hard to understand what's going on, here.

You had a forum, which was on some domain. Then, you got another domain.

What you want to do, now, is change everything on your site, which is still on the same server, to be on another domain?

Is that anywhere near what you're trying to do?

fahadtariq73

Quote from: K@ on June 15, 2013, 03:15:53 PM
I'm finding it hard to understand what's going on, here.

You had a forum, which was on some domain. Then, you got another domain.

What you want to do, now, is change everything on your site, which is still on the same server, to be on another domain?

Is that anywhere near what you're trying to do?

All I wan't to do is to use y SMF forum on a .tk domain and it should not contain problems like redirecting to original domain or sign out again and again. If its possible , can someone do it for me ?

kat

Yeah... But, you haven't answered my questions.

You had a forum, which was on some domain. Then, you got another domain. Yes? No?

What you want to do, now, is change everything on your site, which is still on the same server, to be on another domain? Yes? Or, no?

fahadtariq73

Quote from: K@ on June 15, 2013, 03:58:24 PM
Yeah... But, you have answered my questions.

You had a forum, which was on some domain. Then, you got another domain. Yes? No?

What you want to do, now, is change everything on your site, which is still on the same server, to be on another domain? Yes? Or, no?

I can't get you :/ What do you mean by some domain and same settings e.t.c

All I wan't is a working SMF forum on .tk .. See tms-server.tk and you shall get it.

kat

Oh, heck.

OK. Let's assume your forum was on http://www.mydomain.com

Now, you want to move it to http://www.mynewdomain.tk.

BUT, your files need to stay on the same server that they're on, now.

Does that makes sense?

If so, is that what you want to do?

Kindred

you "parked" the .tk domain name to your other domain server...

I don't think parking does what you think it does.
Parking a domain just means that any access to the parked domain gets bounced to the regular domain.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fahadtariq73

So mydomain was something.anything.com and i wanted to use nydomain.tk on smf. How can this happen?  I want tobuse cuatom foeum title and .tk domain.

Seetms-server.tk

kat

I'm still finding it difficult to understand... :(

Quote from: K@ on June 14, 2013, 03:59:23 PM
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

should do it, if I've understood... But, you might need to correct certain paths, manually, such as custom theme paths.

fahadtariq73

<NEVERMIND> YOU CAN MARK IT SOLVED AS I AM GONNA USE IPB NOW

Kindred

lol....   I will re-iterate - I do not think that parking the domain at your server actually does what you think it does.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: