Opinions on my themes please

Started by Captain_Morrigan, September 23, 2005, 04:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_Morrigan

I'd like to show two of the coming 5 themes for my forum to match my site. So far I have the first and second layouts completed with the 3rd-5th on the way within a few weeks.

The Main site is located here.

The Layouts I would like to show off, get feedback on are the following two:
Purple
Green

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated if they are in a constructive, non-demeaning, matter.

i dont like the new posts/no new posts icons in purple one...i think u should put the circular ones from green...thy look cool
it will be better to fade the table border to green in messegeindex...or much better remove the one for cells keeping surrounding table boarder.

very nice work

sits

Very creative, keep up the good work! :)

Captain_Morrigan

J. Williams

Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Captain_Morrigan

It's 1.0.5, that's odd, I installed 1.0.5 but it is showing 1.0.3. I'll upgrade soon.

Deaks

themes are quite nice tbh, green is soft and so is purple, could be darker but how they are, would suit the subject
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Captain_Morrigan

Well they are that way to match my main sites skins. Also, I'm not super fond of dark layouts they strain my eyes.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Deaks

Quote from: Captain_Morrigan on September 23, 2005, 04:25:15 PM
Well they are that way to match my main sites skins. Also, I'm not super fond of dark layouts they strain my eyes.

Tis cool, I however prefer dark themes, but as I said they are nice for  the subject matter... Well done
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Captain_Morrigan

Quote from: JayBachatero on September 23, 2005, 04:27:40 PM
Looks nice.  I like the green 1.

That's my favorite as well. I spent the most time on it.

Captain_Morrigan

Captain_Morrigan

Quote from: scs on September 23, 2005, 01:34:22 PM
Why's it use smf 1.0.3?

I upgraded to SMF 1.0.5. It was 1.0.3 because it was an install off of fantastico and it obviously wasn't up to date with the version it had on there.

1MileCrash

looks pretty good.
A mouseover windowbg2 effect would look really nice on this theme.

but, the linktree text is far too small. You should make it bigger.

The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Captain_Morrigan

What do you mean a windowbg2 mouseover? The mouseover for all links is the same and should appear on each link not just windowbg1.

I'm just confused. As for the Link Tree I'll look into making it bigger because I don't want it too big.

1MileCrash

windowbg mouseover, like a change of classes on hover.

(Example)

Captain_Morrigan

I see, I may look into that but it may be a bit heavy, especially with how much is already loading is taking forever to load.

1MileCrash

it wont really have any effect on loading, because that class is used anyway...

forsakenlad

They are good anime-like themes, good job ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Captain_Morrigan

Like I said, I'll see, I'm not amazing with CSS so coding is a bit difficult for me in that area but I'll see if I can get it to work.

Thank you, I love Anime and the main site is mostly going to be anime layouts so it fits.

Thanks for the comment.

Advertisement: