Tabbed Categories

Started by NanoSector, June 16, 2013, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Might be, but have you swapped out all $s in the original code for jQuery already?

$(document).ready(function() {
$('#tab-container').easytabs();
});

would become

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
jQuery('#tab-container').easytabs();
});
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kindred

thank gods for my reset script. :)

Easy peasy cleanup and restart from a clean forum regardless of what I have messed up.

trying again.
Fresh install this mod only.
Works.

Applying jquery changes
ok... works!  Must have been a fat finger on my part.

<script type="text/javascript">
//
$.noConflict();
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
jQuery(\'#tab-container\').easytabs();
});
//]]>
</script>';

Confirmed -- this now works with ShareThis
Confirmed -- this now works with Sisyphus

Ok...   still has the white tabs and border on a dark theme... but I think the CSS looks simple to adjust.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

Thanks Kindred, if it works in that form that's one issue less :)

I'll add the fix in in a small bit, and upload a new package.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

This package should fix the issue :)

DSystem

Quote from: Yoshi on November 11, 2013, 10:38:00 AM
Take...2!

Also attached is the old style from the previous take so you can take that one back if you liked it. Upload it to Themes/{yourtheme}/css/tabs and select it from the ACP :)

Setting can be found at Admin > Configuration > Current Theme. Special thanks to Arantor for showing me how it works & helping with the file listing mechanic :)

Happy tabbing, and let me know if it works! :)

This mod is getting better and better.

Tested is approved.

Check out the link-> http://eletronicabr.com/

I'm going to wait a little longer to put into production. Who knows there's more news ... ;D

Kindred

side note... doing this will enable you to build a different CSS for each theme

1- copy the Themes/default/css/tabs sub-directory to each and every themes/custom_theme/css directory
2- change the line in Sources/Boardindex.php
   <link rel="stylesheet" href="' . $settings['theme_url'] . '/css/tabs/default.css" />

and for themes like curve multi-color that have variants
   <link rel="stylesheet" href="' . $settings['theme_url'] . '/css/tabs/default'.(isset($context['theme_variant'])? $context['theme_variant'] : '') . '.css" />

http://www.askawitchcommunity.org/index.php?action=forum

I am still working on the variant theme colors... but the base variant (inverted) is looking good now with only minor changes to match colors for text and backgrounds
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

It is built already so you can have different files in every theme :)

Copy the tabs directory over, change default.css and done!

As for theme variants, that's a good one, I'll add that in in a bit. (Also, the default.css bit should not be hardcoded in the source, it should be something with $settings

NanoSector

Just checked the thing with the default css, seems that's another bug that somehow slipped in.

Kindred

lol... yeah....   it was calling for only the default_theme_url /css/tabs/default.css  :)
Слaва
Украинi

NanoSector

This package should fix the issue. :)

luuuciano

Here an interesting "variation" of tabbed categories... using an horizontal scroll...
http://gazpo.com/downloads/tutorials/jquery/horizontal_scroll/

(just sharing something found... maybe someone finds it interesting)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Antros22

TomW

Is there a way to replace the menu bar with tabs, or vice versa ?  I'd prefer to have 1 'menu'.

Arantor

Not without rewriting the guts of the SMF menu system, they're completely different pieces of code, in completely different places, and would attach a non-trivial performance hit to your site.

gurdain

Hoping my file can be modified so this works

I tried, managing to get the categories up but with a half blank table

NanoSector

That's a 1.1 theme, I'm sorry but this mod does not work with SMF 1.1.x.

gurdain

The theme is working with my SMF 2.0.6 install.

I believe the 1.1 in the file refers to the file version.

The code to be replaced appears to begin around line 71 and end line 104

Its the end tags in the second modification where I think I'm going wrong.

Please have a go - your mod is the only one I've seen that can display categories as tabs!

NanoSector

Oh I'm sorry, I got confused by that. :)

I'll have a poke somewhere tomorrow.

gurdain

hi yoshi,

any luck with adding tabbed categories to the file?
it would come in really handy

Arantor

Theme authors really should NOT be changing that version number, because it does indicate it is a 1.1 version theme by doing so.

Advertisement: