News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Remove colon added to end of Verification Question

Started by GL700Wing, June 17, 2013, 05:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

As part of implementing anti-spam measures I've created several verification questions (all of which end with a '?') but also some other verification challenges that are not actually questions (eg, "Type the second, third and last letters of the following word: simple", "Type the following word backwards: machine" ).

By default all verification questions are followed by a colon character (:) - this seems a bit redundant for a question but for it also adds a character I don't want included to the end of other verification challenges.

I've edited ./Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php and removed the colon character (:) for my own forum but think that others may also find this change useful.

FIND
', $verify_context['questions'][$qIndex]['q'], ':<br />

REPLACE WITH
', $verify_context['questions'][$qIndex]['q'], '<br />
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Shambles

That's a useful tip/trick, for those that might benefit from it.

kat

Speaking of which, consider this as having been moved to "Tips and tricks". :)

shadav

just found this, thanks for that  :laugh: it's the little things that bug me....

to remove the : from the visual verification as well
the
Type the letters shown in the picture:

still in GenericControls.template.php

find
', $txt['visual_verification_description'], ':', $display_type != 'quick_reply' ? '<br />' : '', '

replace
', $txt['visual_verification_description'], ' ', $display_type != 'quick_reply' ? '<br />' : '', '

a10

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

ehpoulsen

Just found this trick! I do not know what other may think, but it is helpful for me!
Working freelance, alway up for new contacts. My own project, <a href="https://gratisfreespins.dk/ [nofollow]">Gratisfreespins.dk</a>

Advertisement: