Remove colon added to end of Verification Question

Started by GL700Wing, June 17, 2013, 05:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

As part of implementing anti-spam measures I've created several verification questions (all of which end with a '?') but also some other verification challenges that are not actually questions (eg, "Type the second, third and last letters of the following word: simple", "Type the following word backwards: machine" ).

By default all verification questions are followed by a colon character (:) - this seems a bit redundant for a question but for it also adds a character I don't want included to the end of other verification challenges.

I've edited ./Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php and removed the colon character (:) for my own forum but think that others may also find this change useful.

FIND
', $verify_context['questions'][$qIndex]['q'], ':<br />

REPLACE WITH
', $verify_context['questions'][$qIndex]['q'], '<br />
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Shambles

That's a useful tip/trick, for those that might benefit from it.

kat

Speaking of which, consider this as having been moved to "Tips and tricks". :)

shadav

just found this, thanks for that  :laugh: it's the little things that bug me....

to remove the : from the visual verification as well
the
Type the letters shown in the picture:

still in GenericControls.template.php

find
', $txt['visual_verification_description'], ':', $display_type != 'quick_reply' ? '<br />' : '', '

replace
', $txt['visual_verification_description'], ' ', $display_type != 'quick_reply' ? '<br />' : '', '

a10

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

ehpoulsen

Just found this trick! I do not know what other may think, but it is helpful for me!
Working freelance, alway up for new contacts. My own project, <a href="https://gratisfreespins.dk/ [nofollow]">Gratisfreespins.dk</a>

Advertisement: