News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Sorting 'Notify'

Started by justsomeguy, June 06, 2013, 02:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justsomeguy

Threads that someone has chosen to be notified when new posts are up, are not sorted in any way when viewed from the person's profile.

For example:

If I chose 20 threads from across a forum to follow, when I go to my profile to see which of them have new posts (and which don't), they are nothing but a jumble. I can't sort them by when they were created, nor by which have been posted to most recently. Nor by which I have signed up to follow most recently.

IF I could sort them by which have had new posts since I last looked at them, then all the stuff I want to look at would be grouped together, and I wouldn't have posts with nothing new between me and the new talk I want to see... If I could reverse sort that (threads with the longest time since the last post) I could then easily find threads which I want to no longer follow.

Can this be added in future?

kat

Actually, you can. But, oddly enough, not if you use the default theme, for some reason that I couldn't begin to understand.

If you use the "core"  theme, you can click "Last post" at the top of the column, to sort them into some kind of date order. Same with a great number of custom themes.

Odd that you can't do that, with the default, though.

Antechinus

Bug report? Are you sure it doesn't work with the default theme? That's a pretty obscure template, and it's unlikely that many custom themes would have an edited copy.

For that matter, the old Core theme calls that template from default anyway.

Oldiesmann

Works fine in the default theme here. They're sorted by last post ascending by default, but you can click on the text in any of the columns to sort it differently if you want.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

justsomeguy

Thanks for the word back on this.

If I go to

Profile > Notifications and Email

there is a big box called "Current Topic Notifications", with three columns: Subject, Started by, and a check box column (which has an 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of it). Neither Subject nor Started by is clickable.

I'm thinking it's a lost cause, given that it is a free forum... It just is what it is, posts listed are listed in random order, and that's all I can expect from it.

Kindred

what we are trying to say is that this feature alreayd exists in the base/default installation of SMF.

If your site is on one of the free hosting sites, it has nothing to do with Simple Machines (us) other than the fact that they are using our software.....   If you need somehting from them, then contacting their support would be the way to go.

If you are not on a free-hosting site, and you still don't have this - then either a) a mod that you installed has resulted in the removal of this functionality or b) a theme that you installed has resulted in the removal of this functionality...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Since this is in 2.1, I'm going to move this to the done pile.

Advertisement: