News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

limited characters

Started by plets1, June 22, 2013, 09:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plets1

Why can not I make topics/text with more than 20 characters, even the name of the topics/categories have character limits, someone help me please. prints below

TheListener

Welcome to smf phets1

Try this.

Admin > forum > posts and topics > Topic settings

Look for

Maximum allowed post size
0 for no max.

Kindred

Fossil... That has nothing to do with the post title length

Plets, p,ease tell us your SMF version and what mods you have installed....
Because the problem that you describe is not standard in SMF which suggests that you have a mod which has interfered with your system
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheListener

Quote from: Kindred on June 22, 2013, 09:24:49 PM

Because the problem that you describe is not standard in SMF which suggests that you have a mod which has interfered with your system

:o

Whoopsies   :-[

plets1

Simple portal version : 2.3.5
Theme : DarkBreak (2.0 )
SMF Package   SMF 2.0.4   SMF 2.0.4
Sources   2.0.4   2.0.4
Default Templates   2.0   2.0
Language Files   2.0   2.0.4
Current Templates   2.0   2.0

Kindred

that does not list your mods installed...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JFFP

Quote from: Kindred on June 22, 2013, 09:24:49 PM

But his problem is not title, his problem is in body.. or i saw wrong?

Kindred

from what he said and posted in images, his complaint is that the POST TITLE is getting truncated...
Слaва
Украинi

plets1

where i found list with mods ?

JFFP

humm, sorry about it, but ...

Quoteplets, o teu problema é com o titulo, ou com o conteudo do topico?

plets1

Quote from: JFFP on June 23, 2013, 09:37:27 AM
humm, sorry about it, but ...

Quoteplets, o teu problema é com o titulo, ou com o conteudo do topico?

nos dois, no caso no conteudo do tópico nao consegui escrever tudo qe eu queria, e no titulo tambem não, parece qe tem um "limite"

JFFP

and you tried do what fossil said?

JFFP

plets try make a post with this title: looooooooooooooooooooong title
and this body: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

plets1

Dhayzon

use utf8 encoding ;)

plets1

MrPhil

Does the problem only show up at accented characters? Is it only with text that has been cut and pasted from a Windows application (e.g., Word or Outlook)?

Changing to UTF-8 is possible, but likely won't have any effect on this problem. The only time UTF-8 would be useful would be if these were MS "Smart Quotes" that weren't being properly translated after cut-and-paste, and are being interpreted as control codes (and cutting off the text at that point). As long as your database is using the same character encoding as the language support files and as the page display, that should have nothing to do with the text being cut off.

plets1

explain an easier way...please

MrPhil

Is this problem showing up only with text that you type in to the forum, or is only with text cut and pasted from another application (such as Word or Outlook)? Word and Outlook are especially problems because they use "Smart Quotes", which are invalid characters in a Web application like SMF.

Is this problem not occurring with plain letters a-z and A-Z, but only with accented letters?

Do you have the same character encoding for your database, for your language files, and for what the page is displayed in? If any of these are different, that can cause problems.

plets1

in both cases, for example if I copy the word "não" appears only "n" and if I type the same thing.

Advertisement: