News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom post.php for test purposes?

Started by Snickers, September 23, 2005, 02:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snickers

I was wondering to create a custom post.php it has the same function as the "reply mode".

With the panel and all its features, BUT no: additional options, no topic/subject title and ONLY Preview option?

Any one seeing where I am going with this?

I snapped the "reply panel" off from: /Themes/default/help/posting.english.html since I couldn't get a edited copy of source/post.php to work.

So I do have the panel, but it does not have preview option? (the preview option, where you can click preview and it does the fetching preview option..

SO either make a copy of sources/post.php and remove a lot of coding from it, OR take the one from /Themes/default/help/posting.english.html  and add the preview code.

Anyone willing to help?

Oldiesmann

Modify Themes/default/Post.template.php - look for template_postbox()
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Snickers

Ok, I took from
function template_postbox(&$message) and copied the whole text from there to the end.

then I made a new file, wrote <?php and then pasted the text in..

I checked the file, and it showed blank?

oh and by doing this, will i get the preview to work still?

and if I only remove subject title, additional options, post and spell check, how to do it? (i read the whole file but couldn't figure it out)

and wouldn't it say hacker attampt?

Snickers

Ok, that might have sounded a little confusing....

How is it possible to take a copy of  Themes/default/Post.template.php put it into a new file and modify it so you can run it alone (ex: website.com/reply_mode.php)

But with title removed, additioninal options removed, post and spell check removed..

So you can pretty much just use it for testing?

Seta Soujiro

It's a template file not an independent file--so you can't just take it and try to run it--it just contains template functions.  Here is what you need to do--make a copy of your current template in the Admin panel, and just switch your profile to use the copied template, and then you can test it from there.

Snickers

come again?

oh and its supposed to be an independent file anyone can use

ex: www.yoursite.com/reply_test.php

where you can only test/preview posting

Snickers

Snickers

lol

okay.

I want a file which EVERYONE can access, and the file contains the reply panel and nothing more.
The reply panel will be like the normal one BUT NO Additional options, NO "post/submit" option and NO subject title box.

So it can only be used for typing something and press preview..

Snickers

Com'on!!  >:(

I can't be that horrible at explaining  :'(

Seta Soujiro

>>How is it possible to take a copy of  Themes/default/Post.template.php put it into a new file and modify it so you can run it alone (ex: website.com/reply_mode.php)<<
It's not designed to do this.  It's just a template file.  It contains functions that are called--it is not stand-alone.  If you create a copy of your current template, and then set users to use this, they will use the modified version.

Advertisement: