Reply Only Board Topic Creation.

Started by theshaddii, June 28, 2013, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theshaddii

I am new to the forum and new to smf. I have been trying to piece together my new forum and am more or less content with everything right now. I am having trouble with one thing though.

I have some boards that i want everyone on my forum to be able to see and reply to the topics in it. But i only want one member group to be able to post new topics in these particular boards.

So far i have only found one ""Solution"" which is to set the board visible to everyone but reply only. Then i add the users one by one to moderate the board. This works but is not ideal. I really don't want to give them the ability to moderate others posts but at the same time this has been the only means i have found so far of accomplishing my two primary goals listed above.

If there is an easier or better way could someone please walk me through it or post a link to were the steps can be found.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

theshaddii

Thank you so much. That was just the link i needed. I had found those menues before but didn't understand how to use them until i read that. ;D

Kindred

glad to help...   and  it just goes to show that RTFM is not a bad answer. :) :P (I'm joking!)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: