News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Like Posts

Started by vbgamer45, June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

You can still install Just have to make the one theme edit manually which is probably due to the themes code being different.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

neurons

Instructions for v2.1.3 install needed - out of the box installer errors out

When emulating to 2.0.19 which is latest supported in release log, there's a bunch of modification errors:

Any help appreciated.

Arantor

Likes are built into 2.1? Just need to be turned on in the admin panel and permission given to people to use.

neurons

Yes but I was referring more to some of the features from this one - in particular showing #likes on user profile, under avatar etc., which I don't see in the 2.1 default mod when enabled. Maybe I'm missing something?

Arantor

No, they're not in the 2.1 version (deliberately), but you can't shove a 2.0 mod into 2.1 like that and just expect it to work because it won't (because it was designed for the 2.0 world where there wasn't a like system)

neurons

Yeah fair point. Wasn't aware of the obvious similarities between this mod and 2.1 default which breaks them both.

On a side note (though this is maybe offtopic here), is there a free karma-like or upvote-downvote like mod for individual posts that links to the user?

Arantor

The old karma system of 2.0 was made into a mod at some point but the whole behaviour encouraged popularity votes for people rather than encouraging good content.

neurons

Which again is fine by me, but I would still like to have a statistical overview on # of likes/thanks etc. similar to the old system.

I find it hard to believe there's no generic plus/minus option anymore which links to the user profile to see how much time user was thanked for example. Trader system looks good, but isn't post based.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

Quote from: neurons on March 11, 2023, 10:00:50 AMI find it hard to believe there's no generic plus/minus option anymore which links to the user profile

I assure you this was intentional about the implementation. The old karma system (not post based) was removed, and the likes about the content was added, intentionally without adding the counts because we'd seen it was manipulated if this count was shown. There's a reason Facebook doesn't show you the counts holistically, and it's because it's abusable.

(I'm literally the person who added likes to SMF 2.1.)

a10

2.1 branch, is it possible by any means to revive this great mod, in parts or complete? Nr1 concern: saving that 'total likes' in avatar field (see attach.).

Whatever opinions about possible\imagined\real negatives\misuse on some other platforms\forums, does not apply in any way or form on my forum. On the contrary, likes connected to members + posts (not only posts) = a fine inspiration for members, promotes positve activity, impetus to make quality posts to deserve likes, etc. Am not needing or seeking any discussion in that dept.

Main wish list:
- Member's total likes along total posts (with statistics continuity from 2.0)
- Only for logged-in members. Guests no permission to access anything like-related.

Free \ paid mod \ custom job, all of interest.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

vbgamer45

Don't really have surge to do for 2.1 since the likes is built in.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: