News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Like Posts

Started by vbgamer45, June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

It shouldn't. Otherwise, I won't pm you 100 times a day every day lol

barnaby jonez

I should mention that Facebook is real-time, which may add to some server load.

vBullitin shows you the Notification on page refresh, just like a PM. Perhaps this is the better solution.

I'm not familiar with how other boards may approach this feature (XenForo, IP Board, etc)

drfun

Oh thanks to the creator of this mod, i have been waiting for something like this, Kudos to you.

I tested the mod and am so in love with it but there is something i will like to ask,

when some one like a post it display (1 people liked this) or like(1 people liked this)

i was thinking if (1 people liked this) could be change to (1 person liked this)

[just my thought,]

ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

drfun

I just install the mod to my live site www. allstudentforum.com now that is running on a vertex theme and i noted the following, though the installation went fine.

1. When i click on LIKE, it takes me to the top page, without any change
2. within the post message, if i click LIKE, it takes me to the top page,without any change also
3. On replied post, when i click LIKE, it takes me to the top page, without any change
4. On the message index, the LIKE superimpose on the little sticky image

i notice it does not make any form of changes from what it was previously. Also on the mobile version of my site which also run on the Anaconda theme, it does not display any LIKE link at all.

NOTE: from my previous post
Quotewhen some one like a post it display (1 people liked this) or like(1 people liked this)

i was thinking if (1 people liked this) could be change to (1 person liked this)
This was tested on my system with the default smf theme

Joker™

Quote from: barnaby jonez on July 17, 2013, 11:36:56 AM
I should mention that Facebook is real-time, which may add to some server load.

vBullitin shows you the Notification on page refresh, just like a PM. Perhaps this is the better solution.

I'm not familiar with how other boards may approach this feature (XenForo, IP Board, etc)
Yup, thats why we need a notification system without overloading the system.

Quote from: drfun on July 19, 2013, 05:42:32 AM
Oh thanks to the creator of this mod, i have been waiting for something like this, Kudos to you.

I tested the mod and am so in love with it but there is something i will like to ask,

when some one like a post it display (1 people liked this) or like(1 people liked this)

[just my thought,]
What happens why more than 1 person likes a post? What should be the text string(just trying to get your opinion)?

Quote from: drfun on July 19, 2013, 07:44:25 AM
I just install the mod to my live site www. allstudentforum.com now that is running on a vertex theme and i noted the following, though the installation went fine.

2. within the post message, if i click LIKE, it takes me to the top page,without any change also
3. On replied post, when i click LIKE, it takes me to the top page, without any change

i notice it does not make any form of changes from what it was previously. Also on the mobile version of my site which also run on the Anaconda theme, it does not display any LIKE link at all.

Quotewhen some one like a post it display (1 people liked this) or like(1 people liked this)

Just trying to trim down the issue, this is due to theme change?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

komp

Quote from: drfun on July 19, 2013, 07:44:25 AM
I just install the mod to my live site www. hxxp:allstudentforum.com [nonactive] now that is running on a vertex theme and i noted the following, though the installation went fine.

got exact same issue on all themes
shame not many "like" mods that will even install on the latest version of the forum software

Joker™

Hi drfun and komp,

Please provide me the site link and an account to test.

To me it sounds most likely some sort of javascript conflict.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

drfun

Good to hear from you again.
This is my site www.allstudentforum.com
and you can use this to get access to the forum
USER NAME: likemod
PASSWORD: all4like

thanks

Joker™

Here are the errors:

http://www.allstudentforum.com/Themes/default/scripts/likePosts.js 404 (Not Found)
http://www.allstudentforum.com/Themes/Vertex-Theme2-0-2-v1-2/css/likeposts.css 404 (Not Found)

Just open your site (in chrome). Right click, choose inspect. Goto console, reload the page once and you can see a lot of info about whats wrong with the website ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

drfun

Quotehttp://www.allstudentforum.com/Themes/default/scripts/likePosts.js 404 (Not Found)
Thanks for pointing this out but when i looked into the http://www.allstudentforum.com/Themes/default/scripts/...  folder the likePosts.js was siting in there.

Quotehttp://www.allstudentforum.com/Themes/Vertex-Theme2-0-2-v1-2/css/likeposts.css
And when looked into this also, i noticed the likeposts.css was not there.

Ok now i went back on my PC (Runing on Xampp) and check this folder of the one that i said worked and i noticed that Themes/default/scripts/... the likePosts.js was siting right there and when i checked Themes/Vertex-Theme2-0-2-v1-2/css/.. The likeposts.css was not there.
But the mod was working properly. Now i went back to my site and uploaded the likePosts.js and likeposts.css in those respective folders and tested to see if it will work, but its still takes me to the top of the page without any changes.

Ok, i decided to check using this method you used
QuoteJust open your site (in chrome). Right click, choose inspect. Goto console, reload the page once
and i still got the same error you pointed me to
Quotehttp://www.allstudentforum.com/Themes/default/scripts/likePosts.js 404 (Not Found)
http://www.allstudentforum.com/Themes/Vertex-Theme2-0-2-v1-2/css/likeposts.css 404 (Not Found)

Now my question is, if the installation went smoothly,
1. why was there no the /likeposts.css file in the CSS folder of the theme (Vertex-Theme2-0-2-v1-2)
2. Why is the one on my PC working properly without the /likeposts.css file in the CSS folder of the theme (Vertex-Theme2-0-2-v1-2)
3. After uploading this two files to there respective folder on my site, why is it not still working?

I need your help to fix this.

Joker™

Lol, first of all, there is a major flaw in the permission system of the mod. Where's the author, call him out :D.

Coming back to drfun's issue, right now I'm doing a lot of changes in the mod and a lot of fixing related to mod is in progress.

I'm trying my best to roll out a newer version in the upcoming weekend. I hope you can wait till then, as I'd be more fruitful for us if I can concentrate on the core features of mod.

Who knows, the new version might be able to resolve all of your bugs :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

drfun

QuoteLol, first of all, there is a major flaw in the permission system of the mod. Where's the author, call him out :D.

Coming back to drfun's issue, right now I'm doing a lot of changes in the mod and a lot of fixing related to mod is in progress.

I'm trying my best to roll out a newer version in the upcoming weekend. I hope you can wait till then, as I'd be more fruitful for us if I can concentrate on the core features of mod.

Who knows, the new version might be able to resolve all of your bugs
Ok if you say so, i look forward to the new version of the mod, I believe the mod is a great mod and it was nice testing and knowing what it can do.

Joker™

Ok, so far this has been accomplished.

- To show posts user has liked in profile
- To show posts liked by others in a users profile
- visual feedback on like/dislike click
- admin panel permission system flaw
- various bug fixes

I'll be doing a last round of testing by tomorrow and most probably if nothing broke up, you guys will be able to see a newer version.

Also for notification thing, I'll be working on a separate mod. Right now I've no idea how it's going to work but it for sure it'll work as system which can consume different mods and show notifications based on it. Grrr, time to sleep :P.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Mod updated to version 1.1 :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

cat_woman

Quote from: Joker™ on July 16, 2013, 12:16:26 PM
.... I'm just waiting to get my hands on photoshop)...

I'm glad I found this thread.  I'm just building my forum now, so this mod will be a great feature on it. 

If you want a free - legal - copy of Photoshop, you can download PSCS2 from the Adobe website.  They no longer support it, and it may not run on newer OS, but its worth a try.  In case you didn't hear about this...

MechSpecs

Quote from: Joker™ on July 24, 2013, 02:47:28 PM
Ok, so far this has been accomplished.

- To show posts user has liked in profile
- To show posts liked by others in a users profile
- visual feedback on like/dislike click
- admin panel permission system flaw
- various bug fixes

I'll be doing a last round of testing by tomorrow and most probably if nothing broke up, you guys will be able to see a newer version.

Also for notification thing, I'll be working on a separate mod. Right now I've no idea how it's going to work but it for sure it'll work as system which can consume different mods and show notifications based on it. Grrr, time to sleep :P.

I'll be following this thread closely as these are some of the features that I wish were in the Likes Plus mod that I am currently using but sadly aren't.

Joker™

Quote from: cat_woman on July 25, 2013, 04:57:54 PM
Quote from: Joker™ on July 16, 2013, 12:16:26 PM
.... I'm just waiting to get my hands on photoshop)...

I'm glad I found this thread.  I'm just building my forum now, so this mod will be a great feature on it. 

If you want a free - legal - copy of Photoshop, you can download PSCS2 from the Adobe website.  They no longer support it, and it may not run on newer OS, but its worth a try.  In case you didn't hear about this...
Thanks for the info, but I've a license of CS3.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

MechSpecs

Are you gonna throw up new screenshots of the various aspects of the mod functions?

Joker™

Quote from: MechSpecs on July 26, 2013, 12:05:34 AM
Are you gonna throw up new screenshots of the various aspects of the mod functions?
Yup. But not before tomorrow, as bit busy with RL.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Neo_TE

Quote from: Joker™ on July 25, 2013, 11:18:40 AM
Mod updated to version 1.1 :).
Quote from: Joker™ on July 26, 2013, 01:53:23 AM

Quote from: MechSpecs on July 26, 2013, 12:05:34 AM
Yup. But not before tomorrow, as bit busy with RL.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement: