News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Like Posts

Started by vbgamer45, June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

Screenshots updated.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

drfun

Thanks @ Joker you kept to your word, i have install the like and it is working very well now. Remain blessed for your effort.
Is it possible for quest to view the like button but cant like/unlike and if they click on the like button it prompt them to register or redirect them to the login page?
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

MechSpecs

This is coming along nicely!

I will see if I can eventually adapt this to the layout/images and color scheme that I am using on my test server.

Tikkuy

Quote from: komp on July 22, 2013, 04:51:00 AM
Quote from: drfun on July 19, 2013, 07:44:25 AM
I just install the mod to my live site www. allstudentforum.com now that is running on a vertex theme and i noted the following, though the installation went fine.

1. When i click on LIKE, it takes me to the top page, without any change
2. within the post message, if i click LIKE, it takes me to the top page,without any change also
3. On replied post, when i click LIKE, it takes me to the top page, without any change
4. On the message index, the LIKE superimpose on the little sticky image

i notice it does not make any form of changes from what it was previously. Also on the mobile version of my site which also run on the Anaconda theme, it does not display any LIKE link at all.

NOTE: from my previous post
Quotewhen some one like a post it display (1 people liked this) or like(1 people liked this)

i was thinking if (1 people liked this) could be change to (1 person liked this)
This was tested on my system with the default smf theme

got exact same issue on all themes
shame not many "like" mods that will even install on the latest version of the forum software

Make that three. :'(

Joker™

Quote from: MechSpecs on July 27, 2013, 05:58:57 PM
This is coming along nicely!

I will see if I can eventually adapt this to the layout/images and color scheme that I am using on my test server.

Quote from: drfun on July 27, 2013, 03:48:16 PM
Thanks @ Joker you kept to your word, i have install the like and it is working very well now. Remain blessed for your effort.
Is it possible for quest to view the like button but cant like/unlike and if they click on the like button it prompt them to register or redirect them to the login page?
Yup, but I'm not sure how many forum admins would like this feature. If more people ask for this, then I can include this in the mod.
Thanks for the appreciation guys :).

Quote from: Tikkuy on July 28, 2013, 12:01:28 AM
Quote from: komp on July 22, 2013, 04:51:00 AM
I just install the mod to my live site www. allstudentforum.com now that is running on a vertex theme and i noted the following, though the installation went fine.

2. within the post message, if i click LIKE, it takes me to the top page,without any change also
3. On replied post, when i click LIKE, it takes me to the top page, without any change
4. On the message index, the LIKE superimpose on the little sticky image

i notice it does not make any form of changes from what it was previously. Also on the mobile version of my site which also run on the Anaconda theme, it does not display any LIKE link at all.

NOTE: from my previous post
Quotewhen some one like a post it display (1 people liked this) or like(1 people liked this)

i was thinking if (1 people liked this) could be change to (1 person liked this)

got exact same issue on all themes
shame not many "like" mods that will even install on the latest version of the forum software

Make that three. :'(
Is this also happening with version 1.1? Forum link? Test account?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

barnaby jonez

Wow, I was just assuming you would do a simple count of likes on the profile, but the fact it shows the actual post is MUCH better.

Great job, Joker.

Is it possible to not allow Likes on the board view? I'd rather have the users like posts only inside the threads themselves.

Joker™

Quote from: barnaby jonez on July 29, 2013, 09:41:17 AM
Wow, I was just assuming you would do a simple count of likes on the profile, but the fact it shows the actual post is MUCH better.

Great job, Joker.

Is it possible to not allow Likes on the board view? I'd rather have the users like posts only inside the threads themselves.
Thanks for the kind words :).

Sounds like a nice add-on. Lets add this in next version.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

MechSpecs

I played with this on my sandbox and have a couple of suggestions; shot you a PM

Joker™

Quote from: MechSpecs on July 29, 2013, 11:46:02 AM
I played with this on my sandbox and have a couple of suggestions; shot you a PM
Ahh forgot to reply to that. Please provide me a test account also. Thanks in advance :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Ok seen the UI of buttons and looks nice.

Well I have made certain UI changes with Like/Dislike buttons and still waiting to hear from you guys :P.

Major thing with this mod is that it makes usage of ajax to interact with server, so in terms of UI it need to show some sort of fadeIn/fadeOut sort of effect etc. Lol, using bit more of jQuery this time I have introduced slide + fade effect.

Still I'm all ears, and if you guys have suggestions please do post them :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Biology Forums

This is quickly becoming SMF #1 modification, congrats Joker™.

Joker™

Quote from: Liam_michael on July 29, 2013, 04:01:21 PM
This is quickly becoming SMF #1 modification, congrats Joker™.
Thanks a lot, this is one of the best comment I've received so far for my work on SMF :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Hypnos76

What file contains the color setting for the text in this part of the MOD.

Ex:

As you can see it's way to dark on my forum and I can't seem to find what css file it is in to change the Text color.

Joker™

Quote from: Hypnos76 on August 12, 2013, 04:08:49 PM

Ex:

As you can see it's way to dark on my forum and I can't seem to find what css file it is in to change the Text color.
themes/default/css/LikePosts.css
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Hypnos76

Quote from: Joker™ on August 13, 2013, 10:01:40 AM

Ex:

themes/default/css/LikePosts.css

You will have to show me where in that file because I used Photoshop to try and find the color and it couldn't then I changed every color in he file to #fff000 (bright yellow) and that didn't work...

.like_posts_overlay {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    background: rgba(0,0,0,0.4);
    z-index: 101 !important;
}

.like_posts_member_info_box {
    position: relative;
    width: 50%;
    line-height: 15px;
    font-size: 13px;
    z-index: 102;
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
    -webkit-box-shadow: -1px 2px 12px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9);
    border: 2px solid #ECEDED;
    color: #fff;
    background: #e0eaf1;
    color: #4a6b82;
    margin: 100px auto 0;
}

.like_posts_member_info {
    padding: 5px 10px;
    border-top: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
    overflow: hidden;
}

.like_posts_member_info img.avatar{
    width: 30px;
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px #000;
    float: left;
}

.like_posts_member_info .like_posts_member_info_details {
    float: left;
    padding-left: 10px;
}

.like_post_box {
    line-height: 22px;
}

.like_unlike_link {
    background: #122a33;
    padding: 1px 5px;
    color: #9fc7db !important;
border: 1px solid #1ffcf6;
}

.subject_details {
    background-color: #e7eaef;
    color: #000;
    display: none;
    position: absolute;
    padding: 10px;
    border: 1px solid #C9C9C9;
    border-radius: 5px;
}

.display_none {
    display: none;
}

/*for firefox*/
.display_inline {
    display: inline !important;
}

Joker™

Ex:

Lol the colors are so dark that I can't figure that for which part you want to change colors. Can you take a screen shot on default theme and point out the region of which you want to change the color.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Hypnos76

Here you go:

Trying to change the color of "No. of Likes"

lois_tc

Excellent mod, Joker™, how put No. of Likes in display post users, for example

Exsharaen

Hi Joker,

I have the same issue as drfun:

I decided to look at Chrome's console and discovered this:

(whoops sorry for that Steam popup :D)

I'm not really familiar with JavaScript, but a quick search reveals that it is a use of jQuery. I checked my head section and did not discover any external script link to jQuery (and I didn't remember I used one). Does this mod use jQuery?

As a temporary remedy while waiting for your answer, I tried to manually edit my Load.php by changing your code from this:
if (isset($_GET['board']) || isset($_GET['topic'])) {
        $context['html_headers'] .= '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'. $settings['default_theme_url']. '/css/LikePosts.css" />';
    }

into this:
if (isset($_GET['board']) || isset($_GET['topic']) || (isset($_GET['area']) && $_GET['area'] == 'likeposts')) {
        $context['html_headers'] .= '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'. $settings['default_theme_url']. '/css/LikePosts.css" />';
$context['html_headers'] .= '<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>'; // maybe this one can be omitted?
    }

and LikePosts.php from this:
if (!window.jQuery) {
document.write("<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js\"><\/script>");
}

into this:
if (!window.jQuery) {
document.write("<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js\"><\/script>");
}

and now it works like a charm.

Except that somehow my likes on message lists are reset on page refreshes, although my profile still keep tracks of it. Still don't know why this happens and how to fix it.

Thank you anyway for this mod, I like it!

EDIT:
Silly me, I missed your statement here:
Quote from: Joker™ on July 29, 2013, 01:24:54 PM
Ok seen the UI of buttons and looks nice.

Well I have made certain UI changes with Like/Dislike buttons and still waiting to hear from you guys :P.

Major thing with this mod is that it makes usage of ajax to interact with server, so in terms of UI it need to show some sort of fadeIn/fadeOut sort of effect etc. Lol, using bit more of jQuery this time I have introduced slide + fade effect.

Still I'm all ears, and if you guys have suggestions please do post them :).

Guess this is what I get when skipping breakfast :D

I'm on SMF 2.0.5 by the way.

Joker™

Quote from: Hypnos76 on August 17, 2013, 01:37:16 PM
Here you go:

Trying to change the color of "No. of Likes"
Ohh that text color comes from index.css of:

- Either the theme you are using, or
- Default theme

You need to make change in this css class ".titlebg, .titlebg2, tr.titlebg th, tr.titlebg td, tr.titlebg2 td"

Moreover you can use chrome developer tool to see the exact class and make changes accordingly.

Quote from: lois_tc on August 19, 2013, 11:31:54 AM
Excellent mod, Joker™, how put No. of Likes in display post users, for example

Nice nice. For that we need a sql query and I see that as a nice feature for next release.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: