News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Like Posts

Started by vbgamer45, June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roshaoar

Thank you Gluz, yes that's exactly what I meant. Which CSS file (name?) is this referring to?

Thanks again,

-Johan

digiflash

I updated from 1.0.3 to 2.0.3.
"Recount Like stats" doesn't help. Likes are gone? I don't know if the table was dropped as I uninstalled the old mod?!

roshaoar

Thanks again Gluz, perfect fix. I'm a bit new here so not familiar with which css file does what, but I guessed the biggest one in the theme which worked for me (index.css).

Thanks again

Gluz

Yeah, index.css or the main one according to the Theme.

GMCbris

Hello

I have this installed on a default theme - all working except the button doesnt show.

Its there when I look at the "page source" with firefox and IE 11.

What can I do to show the button?

Cheers

G

Schachazubi

Gluz

@GMCbris Yeah, the button is there, as I said in my other post, to fix that just search in the /Themes/default/css/LikePost.css the rule .like_post_box and delete the line that say display:none; and the Like button should appear.

GMCbris

Quote from: Gluz on April 28, 2015, 04:01:21 AM
@GMCbris Yeah, the button is there, as I said in my other post, to fix that just search in the /Themes/default/css/LikePost.css the rule .like_post_box and delete the line that say display:none; and the Like button should appear.
thank you

Trying that now :)

edit:  Showing now - again, thanks

Sadly it doesnt work  -  but thats a different story

Joker™

Quote from: Paracelsus on March 23, 2015, 06:23:38 AM
One feature I would much appreciate in the Like system is if there was the possibility of sorting posts in a topic by likes (ascending/descending). This way one could read from the most to the least popular posts in a topic (and vice-versa).
It sounds nice, but will be very query extensive, i.e not very DB friendly
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Joker™

Quote from: Gluz on April 07, 2015, 10:24:01 PM
This Mod is really good, but with Pretty URLs MOD the notification popup doesn't show, as soon I dissable Pretty URLs the notification popup shows when I press the link on the user-area. All other things of the mod work as intended, only the notification popup doesn't show up with Pretty URLs activated.

I don't know what to do, this mod is different from others I used to edit to fix some things that doesn't work by just install it or that other mods broke, and can't figure out how Pretty URLs affect this MOD.
Are you still facing the issue?

Tracked - https://github.com/siddhartha-gupta/SMF-Likes/issues/41
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Joker™

Quote from: Paracelsus on April 10, 2015, 02:36:14 AM
Yeah, but why is the Like button hidden with display:none in the first place? It doesn't make sense.

In my case, that's not the only problem, I have also issues with the layout being changed in several places without even touching the template files. I can only suspect some conflict at code level.
As when you click like the post is liked via jQuery, and if jQuery is not loaded properly nothing will happen. So its better to hide the like button in first place. If you guys are still facing the issue provide me the theme link and mods installed on your forum.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Quote from: Schachazubi on April 17, 2015, 09:31:20 AM
Joker, thank you for the Great Like-Mod and your Help and Answers at this Thread.

Problem:

Board 2.0.7 + Like 1.3.1 = Works fine
Board 2.0.7 + Like 1.3.1 + SMF Quiz 1.1.0 = Like Works, but Quiz did not load. Maybe a JQuery-Thing.

Board 2.0.7 + Like 2.0.3 + SMF Quiz 1.1.0 = Likes did not Work but Quiz Works

Board 2.0.9 + Like 1.3.1 = Works fine - fresh Installation, no other Mods - only Like
Board 2.0.9 + Like 2.0.3 = Works not - same Installation, no other Mods - only Like (tested on Webspace + tested on a own root-Server)

Board 2.0.7 + Like 2.0.3 = Works not - fresh Installation, no other Mods - only Like (tested on Webspace + tested on a own root-Server)

Summary:

I wanted to use Like Posts + SMF Quiz working on my 2.0.9
Like Posts 2.0.3 don't want to work on my Forum, even on a fresh 2.0.7, even on a 2.0.9 - on 2 different Websites (once tried on Webspace, once tried on a root-Server)

I dont get/find a Error-Message.

2.0.7 Likes did not work = There is simply no (orange) Like-Button.
Using 1.3.1, the Like Button appear instandly.

Sorry, English is not my Native Language.
Did anyone has the same Issues and like to share Information - or has a Tip or a Solution for me?

Greetings, Schachazubi

Tracked - https://github.com/siddhartha-gupta/SMF-Likes/issues/42
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

peterwaalker

It gave me double error when i want to reinstall on my current theme. What shall i do?
see image

Paracelsus

Quote from: Joker™ on April 29, 2015, 11:18:57 AM
Yeah, but why is the Like button hidden with display:none in the first place? It doesn't make sense.

In my case, that's not the only problem, I have also issues with the layout being changed in several places without even touching the template files. I can only suspect some conflict at code level.
As when you click like the post is liked via jQuery, and if jQuery is not loaded properly nothing will happen. So its better to hide the like button in first place. If you guys are still facing the issue provide me the theme link and mods installed on your forum.

Hi Joker,

That issue is easy to solve, the biggest problem is actually the layout disruption, among other things the "new" posts button that comes along with every topic on messageindex just disappears. If you try to test your MOD on Reseller theme you should probably be able to identify the problem.

peterwaalker

I was using this mod on another theme until recently when i changed theme. i found out that it is not showing on posts bottom and profile post avatar of all members. So i decided to uninstall and reinstall before i come up with that error on installation.
It gave me double error when i want to reinstall on my current theme. What shall i do?
see image

Please i'm still waiting for a detailed guide.
Thank you

Joker™

Quote from: Paracelsus on April 30, 2015, 03:34:58 AM
Quote from: Joker™ on April 29, 2015, 11:18:57 AM

Hi Joker,

That issue is easy to solve, the biggest problem is actually the layout disruption, among other things the "new" posts button that comes along with every topic on messageindex just disappears. If you try to test your MOD on Reseller theme you should probably be able to identify the problem.
Tracked
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Quote from: peterwaalker on April 30, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

I was using this mod on another theme until recently when i changed theme. i found out that it is not showing on posts bottom and profile post avatar of all members. So i decided to uninstall and reinstall before i come up with that error on installation.
see image

Thank you
Make backup of files before editing anything

Error in mod installation - http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
How to install mods manually - http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manual_installation_of_mods

Edits for this mod - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=3708;attach=238068;smf_version=2.0.10

I hope this will be helpful in resolving the issue :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

peterwaalker

Quote from: Joker™ on May 01, 2015, 11:53:20 PM
Quote from: peterwaalker on April 30, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

see image

Thank you
Make backup of files before editing anything

Error in mod installation - http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
How to install mods manually - http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manual_installation_of_mods

Edits for this mod - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=3708;attach=238068;smf_version=2.0.10

I hope this will be helpful in resolving the issue :)

Please my question is if I continue with the installation is it going to break something?
The test passed on other themes except reseller theme which is my current theme.
See image of failed installation test.
I have downloaded mysql data base.

peterwaalker

i have installed this mod with test errors in index.template.php thinking that i could locate exactly where i can place the code.
I am supposed to place it here: <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>'; instead i found this <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['unread_replies'], '</a></li>';
so, i placed the code after and got syntax error parse.

for reference
I'm using Reseller theme

./Themes/default/index.template.php
Find:

<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

Add After:
      if(LikePosts::$LikePostsUtils->showLikeNotification()) {
echo '
<li><a href="#" class="showLikeNotification" onclick="lpObj.likePostsNotification.showLikeNotification()">', $txt['like_show_notifications'], '</a></li>';
}

This above refused to work for me. I need help
Attached below is my forum index.template.php

Gluz

Here you are.

I have Reseller Theme on one of my forums and I see the error on the file, so I modify your index.template according to the parser.

Advertisement: