News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Like Posts

Started by vbgamer45, June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

This is the sql I execute after upgrading to SMF2.1 in my test environment.   I just use the "Import" button in phpMyAdmin to invoke it:

--
-- Simple utility to migrate Like Posts mod history
-- to the SMF 2.1 vanilla table.
--
-- Note that in Like Posts, 'topic' likes referenced the first post
-- in the topic.  I.e., all likes were msg likes.   
--
-- Uses IGNORE in case of dupes or reloads. 
-- Also found that Like Posts somehow let folks like something 2x...
--

INSERT IGNORE INTO smf_user_likes
    (id_member, content_type, content_id, like_time)
SELECT id_member_gave, 'msg', id_msg, liked_timestamp
    FROM smf_like_post;

Once I'm confident it's all OK, I drop the smf_like_post table used by this mod. 

If you didn't use smf_ as your prefix, you will need to adjust the above instructions accordingly. 

Remember: SMF2.1 is still in BETA, don't run it in PROD yet...  This is intended to help you TEST SMF 2.1.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

mysimplesite

2.0.14, php7.1, ShelfLife theme

Code suggested by Install doesn't exist in ShelfLife theme. For example, Install error popup states:

In ./Themes/shelflife204/Display.template.php

Add before this code:

// Is karma display enabled?  Total or +/-?

Only that line doesn't exist in Display.template.php in ShelfLife theme.

Several other error messages have similar results; code doesn't exist in ShelfLife.

Anyone using ShelfLife who has managed to get Like Posts to work? Please tell me how.

Thanks.

efk

Any chance to get dislike button?

CDLehner

Likes gone  :(

SMF 2.0.14, package Like Posts 2.0.5

Thanks

CDLehner

Quote from: CDLehner on August 11, 2017, 02:43:28 PM

Thanks

BUMP  ???

efk

Quote from: CDLehner on August 15, 2017, 10:37:10 AM
Quote from: CDLehner on August 11, 2017, 02:43:28 PM

Thanks

BUMP  ???
SMF 2.0.14 is current SMF version.
Like Posts 2.0.5 is current /package/mod/plugin version - whatever makes easier for you to understand. So 2.0.5 has nothing in common here with SMF version.

shawnb61

FYI, this mod does not appear to be actively supported by the author.

If you look at the last couple of pages of posts, you'll see that this mod does work fine on 2.0.14. 

HOWEVER...  Some fixes must be applied for it to work properly under PHP 7+. 

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

CDLehner

QuoteSMF 2.0.14 is current SMF version.
Like Posts 2.0.5 is current /package/mod/plugin version - whatever makes easier for you to understand. So 2.0.5 has nothing in common here with SMF version.

Quote from: shawnb61 on August 15, 2017, 03:20:59 PM
FYI, this mod does not appear to be actively supported by the author.

If you look at the last couple of pages of posts, you'll see that this mod does work fine on 2.0.14. 

HOWEVER...  Some fixes must be applied for it to work properly under PHP 7+.

Sorry; obviously, I am not a very sophisticated user.  :-[

I was just listing, "pertinent" info; because usually the first thing someone helping will ask is..."what version are you on", lol.

So...I don't know, why it stopped working; and I don't know if I'm on "PHP 7+" or not...and/or, what the fixes are??  ???

Sorry  :'(

Thanks for any mercy.

shawnb61

The first thing I would check is the error log.  That may provide additional details.

The second thing I would check is the php version.  If you don't know where to look, you should open a ticket with your ISP.  For 2.0.14, you want php 5.4+.   Like Posts does not work with php 7.x without modification.  I'd suggest php 5.6. 

If the two items above don't help, come back here & share what you've learned.  It would also help to share the list of mods you have installed, as sometimes there are conflicts between mods.

Shambles

Quote from: shawnb61
The second thing I would check is the php version.  If you don't know where to look, you should open a ticket with your ISP.

Admin > Main > Support and Credits

CDLehner

Guys...great help; thanks.

As you can see; my mods, are as limited...as my board-op skills  ;)

Please note; I did un-install S.A.V.E., and when I installed it...that might have been when the Like Posts quit on me. I wasn't paying close enough attention, to say definitively.

PHP is 5.4.45

Thanks again!

shawnb61

With Like Posts, you need to look at all of the permissions very carefully... 

Double check all of the permission settings and especially all the board settings.

CDLehner

Actually...I think maybe the Spoiler mod is giving me issues?

Possible??

Gluz

After checking permissions and that you are running the correct version of PHP, then the next thing is checking for any Javascript errors, or any CSS overrides, as some Themes have conflict with it.

CDLehner

Permissions look OK; best I can tell. And let me make something clear; my likes were working, for a l o n g time...and then just stopped, for some reason.

Can I send an error log of some sort?  ???

Gluz

Is your forum open to guests to view boards where the Likes should appear?
Can you give us a link to any thread that should have Likes button?

CDLehner

Quote from: Gluz on August 18, 2017, 03:37:33 PM
Is your forum open to guests to view boards where the Likes should appear?
Can you give us a link to any thread that should have Likes button?

Let me check, on Guests having Like permission http://www.esac.club/index.php?topic=116.0

edit- see...I'm not sure, how/where to check; for permission to use Likes?

d3vcho

Check: Admin > Configuration > Like Posts > Permissions Settings
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

CDLehner

Quote from: d3vcho(); on August 19, 2017, 11:04:15 AM
Check: Admin > Configuration > Like Posts > Permissions Settings

TY!

Just turned on, for Guest...and INIQUITY; but all others, were previously checked.

Gluz

Doesn't look like is installed in the theme properly if the permissions are OK, you need to check that, if it's correctly installed in the theme and no other MOD messed up something.

Advertisement: