Attachments failing - over 1,200 critical errors in 24 hours URGENT!

Started by wynnyelle, July 01, 2013, 02:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnyelle

We are getting loads of these errors in the log, all from different members. It has accumulated within 24 hours to over 1,200 separate critical errors about attachments.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member ☮ B!R ☮ (Z!M)
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 97.106.183.38 
     Reverse chronological order of list Today at 01:22:50 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session a3a5092ac1a59a180fa53571f336fc18
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Critical
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=88547;save
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

Kindred

well...

Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

or maybe your attachments folder is full?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wynnyelle

How can I check if it is full? I have no idea if it is full and I don't know how to find out.

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

I tried 4 different images uploadging diferent formats and sizes nothing worked i really need help!!!

Kindred

Groovy,

This is not "real time help"
We have lives. We work. We sleep. We are scattered all over the world.

Please do not bump for at least 24 hours...  let alone three posts in 30 mins... That is just plain obnoxious.

As for how you check...   look in your webhost manager....   how many files are present in your attachments directory?
How big are the files that you are uploading?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

replay

I have this happen...check admin on the attachments section make sure you set it above the file size you wish to upload.

Chalky

That does sound like either your attachments folder is full or you're running out of space on your server.    I'm sure you have a dedi but it's worth checking anyway.  Check if you have any of those huge core dump files that are created when something crashes as a few of those could fill up any space.  It's probably your attachment folder though so check that first, starting with the assigned space for attachments in your Admin >  Attachments and Avatars > Settings.

x-posted with Kindred  ;)

wynnyelle

These two things were already checked and they are not showing a problem.

What else could it be?

kat

Go to your site's CPanel.

Look in the section headed "Files", for "Disk space usage".

That page will tell you how much space you've used and how much is left.

If there's nothing left, you'll need to have a natter with CoreISP. :)

wynnyelle

It says that they all still have space.

I've sent several emails to CoreISP and a support ticket and have not received a response yet.

My programmer tells me this

I deleted anything I could and changed the default attachments directory, but apparently is not enough

LiroyvH

The support ticket did the trick, it's being looked in to now.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

kat

I won't post this, then... ;)

QuoteNot a good idea to hassle Core. But, if you have space, there, and your

Max attachment folder space
Max attachment size per post
Max size per attachment
Max number of attachments per post

settings are set to zero, only he can help you, I'm afraid.

Give him a while, though. He might be out, somewhere. he'll get on it, as soon as he finds out, I feel sure. :)

LiroyvH

wynnyelle

Oh, I started a ticket for that, too. I wasn't sure if you had noticed.

What was the problem?? Just so I know, I wold like to know for the future what the issue was that caused this. It even stumped Emanuele, and he is not an easy one to stump.

LiroyvH

Server-side PHP issue with creating temporary files.
Like that;

PHP Warning:  File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php?action=post2;board=585

Requires intervention on the server side.
Probably started happening after the major software upgrades we did.

wynnyelle

Now I feel dumb for not having remembered that.

Thanks for the help--I'll be sure to just issue a ticket as soon as problems happen next time, rather than email you first, assuming that the ticket site works.

Advertisement: