News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

IPB 2.x to SMF from .sql

Started by dknoppix, September 23, 2005, 10:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dknoppix

Hi,

I was wondering if it were possible to take the .sql file from IPB and just convert it to SMF...cause I deleted all of the IPB files, and I'm on dialup, and it is really messed up if I have to reinstall it again..

dk

Oldiesmann

Just import the database dump through phpMyAdmin, then put the following information in a file called conf_global.php and upload it to the directory where IPB was stored:

$INFO['sql_database'] = '{database name}';
$INFO['sql_tbl_prefix'] = '{database table prefix}';
$INFO['admin_group'] = '{id of administrators group in IPB}';
$INFO['upload_dir'] = '{directory where attachments were uploaded}';

However, since you said you deleted all your old IPB files, if you had any attachments or uploaded avatars, and you deleted those folders, you might run into problems with the converter...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

dknoppix

what is the "Id of admins group in IPB"??

cause its giving me errors, etc.

IPB and SMF are in the same database.

dk

dknoppix

Ok..I took away the brakets, and uploaded the installers, now its importing the members and:

QuoteCaused the error:

Unknown column 'pm_email_notify' in 'field list'

Oldiesmann

Make sure you're using the correct converter for the version of SMF you're converting to. If you want to convert to 1.0.5, then use the one on the download page (under "Tools and Converters"). It sounds like you're trying to use a 1.1 converter with 1.0.5 (the column is called im_email_notify in 1.0.5, but the 1.1 converter won't work even if you rename the column because other tables have additional columns in 1.1 that aren't in 1.0.5).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

dknoppix

I got it imported, but now I can't access the admin panel.

I think I know why...I don't know the "$INFO['admin_group'] = '{id of administrators group in IPB}';
"

id of administrators thing...whats the default for IPB?

Oldiesmann

No clue.

Since you can't access the admin panel though:

UPDATE smf_members SET ID_GROUP = '1' WHERE memberName = 'you';

Replace "you" with your username.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Cool Surfer

Quote from: Oldiesmann on September 24, 2005, 12:06:37 PM
Just import the database dump through phpMyAdmin, then put the following information in a file called conf_global.php and upload it to the directory where IPB was stored:

$INFO['sql_database'] = '{database name}';
$INFO['sql_tbl_prefix'] = '{database table prefix}';
$INFO['admin_group'] = '{id of administrators group in IPB}';
$INFO['upload_dir'] = '{directory where attachments were uploaded}';

However, since you said you deleted all your old IPB files, if you had any attachments or uploaded avatars, and you deleted those folders, you might run into problems with the converter...

I will try this too. My inv 2 (trial) forum is in deep trouble.
How will I import the sql ? as its > 250mb
Will phpmyadmin import it .   i had tried a few yrs back, and got a run time error.
Thanks for the info.
:)
www.xpindia.com ; www.onlinemedicalforum.com/smf 

Be Kind And courteous To People On Your Way Up
For You Might Meet Them On Your Way Down...

Oldiesmann

If you can send me your database dump, I can split it up into several smaller dumps for you so you can import it without getting any errors...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: