HTTP 500 Internal Server Error on search...

Started by head123, July 09, 2013, 10:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

head123

On 2nd step of installation : Writable Check :
I put username/pass : root/****   (with this password i can connect to mysql )

I got error : Unable to connect to FTP server with this combination of details.
530 Login incorrect

head123

Storman™

Yes, never use root.

And make sure you also give that user suitable MySQL permissions otherwise you'll still have the same problem.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/adding-users.html

If you used a control panel like cPanel then this is dead easy to do. Something like a control panel may be beneficial for you.

head123

m using machine :-Ubuntu 10.04.4
So, i executed following commands--
1. mysql -u root -p****
2. CREATE DATABASE smf_database ;
3. GRANT ALL ON smf_database.* TO smf_user@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '****';
4. logout
5. mysql -u smf_user -p****
6. show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| smf_database       |
+--------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
-----------------------------------------------------

head123

Still the error same : Unable to connect to FTP server with this combination of details.

530 Login incorrect

on step 2: I provided new created mySQL user name and password.  :(

Storman™

Off topic but any reason why you are using an older version of Ubuntu, it's "End of Life" date was back in May 2013.:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2013-March/000169.html

Problem here is that this isn't really an SMF issue, it's becoming more to do with setting up your server so that it works correctly. That makes me wonder about other services on the instance and whether they are set-up correctly, or even installed and running.

Illori

no you have asked already and we told you not to use sqlite.

MrPhil

If MySQL (version 5) is available, you'll find it much easier to use than SQLite. If it's not available, you'll just have to soldier on with SQLite, though it's not the optimal choice.

I'm concerned about your platform. Is this a PC running a LAMPP stack, or a real honest-to-goodness professionally run server? If it's a PC, don't use it for a server connected to the Internet, or you will be hacked and pwned so fast you won't know what hit you. Especially, if it's a home-brew aggregation of this and that, rather than a proper LAMPP stack installation. I guarantee that the hackers will know more about your security (or lack of it) than you or whoever is running this "server". If it's isolated from the Internet, you might be safe, but should still be using a LAMPP stack to ensure that everything works together.

head123

Yes, PC running LAMP stack. And this forum will be available in LAN only,  isolated  from internet.

My problems are :
1. installation not asking for MySQL or SQLite selection (Please refer above screen shots )

2. If I proceed to next installation step and provide username and password of MySQL user >>
            ERROR : Unable to connect to FTP server with this combination of details.530 Login incorrect

3. If I provide username and password of FTP user >>  Then installation proceed to next step "Database setting" >>
    - It asks for database filename :-
          a. string "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/forum/smf_bd5880ebd0.db" is already typed in the database filename textbox  >> so i kept that and click 'continue' >>
             Critical Error! Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data. If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.
             unable to open database: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/forum/smf_bd5880ebd0.db

b. on retry I provided database filename :- Name od MySQL database which i created.
              Critical Error! Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data. If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.
             unable to open database: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/forum/smf_database.db

Illori

then it sounds like you dont know how to configure your server correctly, which is beyond the support we provide here.

head123

Quote from: MrPhil on July 17, 2013, 10:25:08 AM
If MySQL (version 5) is available, you'll find it much easier to use than SQLite. If it's not available, you'll just have to soldier on with SQLite, though it's not the optimal choice.

I'm concerned about your platform. Is this a PC running a LAMPP stack, or a real honest-to-goodness professionally run server? If it's a PC, don't use it for a server connected to the Internet, or you will be hacked and pwned so fast you won't know what hit you. Especially, if it's a home-brew aggregation of this and that, rather than a proper LAMPP stack installation. I guarantee that the hackers will know more about your security (or lack of it) than you or whoever is running this "server". If it's isolated from the Internet, you might be safe, but should still be using a LAMPP stack to ensure that everything works together.

Yes, PC running LAMP stack. And this forum will be available in LAN only,  isolated  from internet.

head123

Quote from: Illori on July 18, 2013, 05:17:32 AM
then it sounds like you dont know how to configure your server correctly, which is beyond the support we provide here.

:( yes, m not good in configure server things.... also my machine showing me errror and error  for my all alternative tries.
I really really need ur support ...

Illori

we dont provide support here on configuring servers from scratch, sorry.

MrPhil

If it really has a LAMPP (or LAMP) stack installed, the "M" is for MySQL. It sounds like a totally botched installation and/or configuration. Are you really required to use SQLite for the forum, or does someone need it for another project? AFAIK MySQL and SQLite can coexist on a machine, so you can go ahead and use MySQL for SMF -- does anyone have contrary information?

head123

Quote from: MrPhil on July 18, 2013, 09:15:33 AM
If it really has a LAMPP (or LAMP) stack installed, the "M" is for MySQL. It sounds like a totally botched installation and/or configuration. Are you really required to use SQLite for the forum, or does someone need it for another project? AFAIK MySQL and SQLite can coexist on a machine, so you can go ahead and use MySQL for SMF -- does anyone have contrary information?

No I dont required  to use SQLite for the forum, no one need it for another project.
I want to use MySQL  for SMF.
But facing errors. and want support to resolve the errors

head123

A very first problem is SMF installer is not asking for "Database Type" ... Please refer screen shot

Kindred

you are missing our point.

Some misconfiguration of your server is not allowing SMF to recognize that databases exist....

When I install my system asks me...
(see attached)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

head123

hi,
yes m also agree with u all, my system is mis-configured.
just for my more understanding i open install.php of SMF. i found for each installation step thr is one function :-
1. function Welcome (Line no :- 401)
2. function checkFileWritable (Line no :- 478)
3. function databaseSetting (Line no :- 675)
      --- In this I saw db_type variable has value 'sqlite'    (Line no :- 723 and 768)

Please explain me how sqlite is thr ? how variable db_type take this value ? thr is No sqlite is installed on my machine ?
(Is because of this installer not asking me for database type selection ?? )

please refer attached install.php

Advertisement: