News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

BBCode IMG tag not parsing after conversion

Started by handyrefuse, July 12, 2013, 12:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handyrefuse

Conversion from phpBB 3.0.11 to SMF 2.0.4 went great only a couple snags.  Found the last edited in 69 fix and applied.

Current problem I see is that any posts that had the IMG BBCode isn't parsing, unless I go into the post, click edit and save, then it shows the image fine.

Is there a way to do a mass fix of every post?  Or am I gonna have to check every post  :(

Any help would be great!
Thanks

kat

When you click, edit and save, do you, actually, edit anything?

Tried Admin>Forum maintenance>Repair stuff?

handyrefuse

No i don't have to change anything just open it up in edit and then save and then the code will work and show the image

I tried a few of the maintenance things, but no joy

kat

Curious. Have you got a link to a page where the image isn't showing? (It'll need to be open for guest viewing, obviously)

handyrefuse

not really anymore I did the manual edit on all the ones I could find, wasn't as bad as I thought would be with the inline quick modify feature...

but still would be nice if there was a mass fix in case I missed some

kat

Without seeing one, I really couldn't even begin to speculate, to be honest. ;)

motu828

I have the exactly same problem. But i cant edit each post one by one, becouse i have 200.000 posts.... its a Photography forum.
Any update with this problem?

Thanks!

modcraft

Admin > Forum Maintenance  > Database > Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters

Advertisement: