• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
January 28, 2022, 10:04:59 PM

News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord


Edit All Message Titles

Started by NanoSector, July 12, 2013, 02:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

July 12, 2013, 02:29:38 PM Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:22:02 AM by NanoSector
Link to Mod

Edit All Message Titles
If you need to report a bug, please do so on GitHub!

This mod changes the way in which the subject of an entire topic is changed. Instead of just changing the subject of the first post, the subjects of all the messages in the topic get changed. See the attached image for more information.

How to install:
The Package Manager should work in most cases.

Languages:
This mod does not use languages.

Features
- Changes subjects of all messages in a topic, not just the first.
- Does not change all the subjects if the edited message is not the first post.

Changelog
v0.1:
- Initial release

License:
This mod is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Shambles

Runic did one recently... might see how they shape up in a one-to-one fight :D


http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1165

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Colin

Yep, I just submitted a note to him.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

NanoSector

DAMN! Washes away all the profit my mod gives! :P



No seriously, I'll have to take some action to add more stuff into this...
* Yoshi adds to-do list
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Steve

Brilliant! Works perfectly for my needs! Thank you!
Please do not PM me for support.

Neo_TE

Great mod. "Simple & Effective". Installed it in my forum and works perfectly. Thank you very much.


Quote from: Yoshi on July 12, 2013, 05:26:55 PM
DAMN! Washes away all the profit my mod gives! :P



No seriously, I'll have to take some action to add more stuff into this...
* Yoshi adds to-do list
lol, but I "strongly request" you to keep this mod as it is. "Simple & Effective" at what it does. Thanks again.

NanoSector

Thanks guys :)

Quote from: xPandax on July 13, 2013, 10:08:55 AM
Great mod. "Simple & Effective". Installed it in my forum and works perfectly. Thank you very much.


Quote from: Yoshi on July 12, 2013, 05:26:55 PM
DAMN! Washes away all the profit my mod gives! :P



No seriously, I'll have to take some action to add more stuff into this...
* Yoshi adds to-do list
lol, but I "strongly request" you to keep this mod as it is. "Simple & Effective" at what it does. Thanks again.
Oh, when adding stuff I'll keep this "silent mode" :)

A settings page I was thinking of:
Silent mode [x]
When enabled, any settings which add form controls (e.g. checkboxes) won't have any effect.

Add "Re:" prefix to posts [x]

Do not change custom titles [ ]
Disabling this will rename every post in the topic, whereas enabling it will only rename posts with titles like "Re: old topic title"

Allow users to disable this mods functionality when editing the first post [ ]
This will add a check box under Advanced Options (with no typos!)
(w00t for copycatism!)

Allow users to change the title for the replies [ ]
This will add a text box under Advanced Options
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Hristo

I'm with Yoshi. This mod is the 4th I know of that basically does the same, so a more feature rich mod will make a difference.

NanoSector

Quote from: Hristo on July 13, 2013, 12:04:44 PM
I'm with Yoshi. This mod is the 4th I know of that basically does the same, so a more feature rich mod will make a difference.
Hehe, blame me for having no inspiration ::)

Nah, I'll add features as my mind works along (which is...not very fast, heh :P). I *hope* to get the new version out next week, but I can't promise anything.
Usually when I start working on feature x, feature y pops in my mind (look at the 0.3 update of my Private Profile mod, I didn't plan all those features).
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Neo_TE

Quote from: Yoshi on July 13, 2013, 10:27:26 AM
Thanks guys :)

Quote from: xPandax on July 13, 2013, 10:08:55 AM
Great mod. "Simple & Effective". Installed it in my forum and works perfectly. Thank you very much.


Quote from: Yoshi on July 12, 2013, 05:26:55 PM
DAMN! Washes away all the profit my mod gives! :P



No seriously, I'll have to take some action to add more stuff into this...
* Yoshi adds to-do list
lol, but I "strongly request" you to keep this mod as it is. "Simple & Effective" at what it does. Thanks again.
Oh, when adding stuff I'll keep this "silent mode" :)

A settings page I was thinking of:
Silent mode [x]
When enabled, any settings which add form controls (e.g. checkboxes) won't have any effect.

Add "Re:" prefix to posts [x]

Do not change custom titles [ ]
Disabling this will rename every post in the topic, whereas enabling it will only rename posts with titles like "Re: old topic title"

Allow users to disable this mods functionality when editing the first post [ ]
This will add a check box under Advanced Options (with no typos!)
(w00t for copycatism!)

Allow users to change the title for the replies [ ]
This will add a text box under Advanced Options

Silent mode sound like a great idea. Or is it possible to have 2 versions of it? Simple one & advanced one so that users can download whatever they want and keep the code edits (made by the mod) to minimum.

NanoSector

That also sounds like a great idea :)
I'll keep this version available.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Neo_TE

Quote from: Yoshi on July 14, 2013, 04:08:20 AM
That also sounds like a great idea :)
I'll keep this version available.
Thank you very much. :D

Steve

Found a minor problem. If modifying a post without replies, one gets this error:



Is there an easy fix for that?
Please do not PM me for support.

NanoSector

I'll fix this later tonight, thanks for reporting! :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Steve

Please do not PM me for support.

NanoSector

It should also be fixed by now, try if 0.1.1 fixed it :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Steve

Works perfectly. Thank you! You da man! :D
Please do not PM me for support.

littlenicki

Hello, could you please do a SMF 1.1.18 version of this mod? it would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

NanoSector

Sorry littlenicki, as I stated in the other mod I'm not planning of making a 1.1.x version of this mod either, but if someone else wants to, feel free.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Steve

I apologize for responding to such an old thread but I love this mod and was wondering something. Is there a way to add an on/off setting? Sometimes I want to edit all messages titles and sometimes I don't. It would be great if there were a setting to enable it or not. :)
Please do not PM me for support.

NanoSector

Hi Nuttysman,

Replying to old mod threads is completely fine. :)

I remember experimenting with such setting but didn't succeed. I'll try again at a later period but can't guarantee  :)

* FatalException dots this down in his to do list
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Steve

Please do not PM me for support.

mikk


Kimmie

Just installed this mod. I like how it changes the titles automatically! :). I have one error that happened the "1st" time I tried this out but have since not received one. Figured I would report it just to be safe.

action=admin
8: Undefined index: subjectcopy
File: /home/****/public_html/Sources/Who.php
Line: 803

NanoSector

Thanks for the report, though this is not related to my mod, unfortunately :(
My mod does not touch Who.php, nor does it introduce a variable/index named 'subjectcopy'.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kimmie

Ah ok, it may be the mod I just removed that was similar to this one...hehehe sorry  :P

Steve

Did you ever look into the possibility of an on/off capability? If not, no biggie, I still use this. :D
Please do not PM me for support.

NanoSector

I'll look into it, thanks for the suggestion :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kimmie

Just wanted to let you know that this doesn't work when you use the ajax modifier, however, for me, that is a good thing. There are times where I only want the 1st post updated.  :P

FragaCampos

I would certainly use this mod instead of another one I have if it could work with quick edit, like Kimmie said.
Of course I don't know if this is feasible or easy to implement, but it would definitely make this a must. ;)

NanoSector

I'll look into that, the mod should be able to handle this much in the same way it should with full reply.

Never really tested it with quick reply, so nice catch :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kimmie

Quote from: NanoSector on August 29, 2014, 06:58:41 PM
I'll look into that, the mod should be able to handle this much in the same way it should with full reply.

Never really tested it with quick reply, so nice catch :)

No, not with quick reply, with the ajax modifier.





NanoSector

Quote from: Kimmie on August 31, 2014, 12:45:41 PM
Quote from: NanoSector on August 29, 2014, 06:58:41 PM
I'll look into that, the mod should be able to handle this much in the same way it should with full reply.

Never really tested it with quick reply, so nice catch :)

No, not with quick reply, with the ajax modifier.





Yeah I know what you mean, I used the wrong words. I'll take a look at implementing this later, school comes first. :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kimmie


larry007

Hi

One question...

How must I use this, sorry I am looking but I can't find it?

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

larry007

Oh sorry for my short question.  O:)

I have installed the Mod, all ok in Package manager! But now I cant' t find the funktion. When I open a post where can I edit one or all subjects, where are the settings?

I have used the Mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1165 too for try. There can I find below the posts under "more option" a checkbox for changing this, was easy to find  :laugh:

But where is the other to use/settings?

NanoSector

This mod does not add a setting of some sort. If you edit the title of the first post of a topic, this mod automatically kicks in. :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

larry007

ok, thank you.

what Mod would you use, which one is the better one?

NanoSector

I'm the author of this mod, so of course I would say this one is better ;)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

FragaCampos

It will be when the quick edit function is implemented.  ::) :D

GigaWatt

Thanks :). Works like a charm on SMF 2.0.15 ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: