News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need Help With SMF Forum 2.0.4

Started by Zelix, July 18, 2013, 07:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelix

I just downloaded SMF 2.0.4, And installed it from FilaZilla, everything is works fine, but look where i Mistake, can anybody help me ???

Before:

After:

In RED:

Critical Error!
Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data.

If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.
Host '30.160.154.78' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Acans

Change Server name field to "localhost".
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Zelix

Quote from: ѕησω on July 18, 2013, 07:45:38 PM
Change Server name field to "localhost".
Ok look what now:

!Critical Error!

Access denied for user 'a1611343'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Zelix

Please need help fast. I'm waiting...

Zelix

Please need help fast. I'm waiting....!!!!!!!!!

Zelix

Kindred

STOP!

DO NOT BUMP POSTS!

This is not a "real time" support chat. It is a forum with people who have lives and live around the world.
As a matter of fact, I believe that you have been told this before.

Have you already set up your database?
If you have confusion about setting things like that up, you really need to check with your HOST about what the proper settings are.

Also... seeing who your host is, when you start getting the white screen of death - read the wiki/FAQ before you come complaining to us.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Zelix

Quote from: Kindred on July 18, 2013, 08:33:28 PM
STOP!

DO NOT BUMP POSTS!

This is not a "real time" support chat. It is a forum with people who have lives and live around the world.
As a matter of fact, I believe that you have been told this before.

If you have confusion about setting things like that up, you really need to check with your HOST about what the proper settings are.

Also... seeing who your host is, when you start getting the white screen of death - read the wiki/FAQ before you come complaining to us.
I need someone to help me here is my things:

Username: a1611343
Database name: a1611343_olma
Host: olma-scape.comuf.com

Please Heeeeeelp!!!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Zelix

I made MySQL, and got my list of my current databases and users....

And i downloaded FileZilla, and typed my host/username/password, clicked Quickconnect, and then added the SMF Forum 2.0.4, everything is work.

And after this i went to 000webhost, and clicked Domain link, and started with SMF Installer, I did nothing more, what do you mean, I'm not english can you explain tell me what should i add more and how ? etc ?

Zelix

Kindred

STOP!

DO NOT BUMP POSTS!

Very obviously, the values that you are using are NOT the correct values.
This is why I have said (twice now)

Quote from: Kindred on July 18, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

Kindred

Zelix.

Knock it off.

I have already told you what you need to do. three times.

I have also told you that you need to stop bumping your topic.
If you have new information, then, post, by all means... but posting "any help?" is just going to get you put on post moderation for spamming.

For the fourth time:
You have very obviously NOT entered the correct data, regardless of whether you THINK it is correct.
You need to talk with your host and CONFIRM what the correct values to enter for your database settings actually are.
Until you do that, this topic really can not go any further -- because there is nothing we can do for you if you continue to use the wrong connection information.
Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

Quote from: Kindred on July 18, 2013, 11:19:06 PM
Zelix.

Knock it off.

I have already told you what you need to do. three times.

I have also told you that you need to stop bumping your topic.
If you have new information, then, post, by all means... but posting "any help?" is just going to get you put on post moderation for spamming.

For the fourth time:
You have very obviously NOT entered the correct data, regardless of whether you THINK it is correct.
You need to talk with your host and CONFIRM what the correct values to enter for your database settings actually are.
Until you do that, this topic really can not go any further -- because there is nothing we can do for you if you continue to use the wrong connection information.
Go away i told you are you blind i dont understand english with this, just tell me what excatlly i should do ?

For exmaple:

Go to 000webhost.com

Click 'something' - add 'something' that's what i need, sorry i'm stupid not you I can't understand I'm coder rsps but i am dumb noob with forums websites, so i hope you help me like my example.

Kindred

Zelix

I have explained in plan english exactly what you have to do.

If you don't understand english, then perhaps you need to start posting in the language specific support boards for a language which you do understand.

AND FOR GODS' SAKES STOP BUMPING YOUR TOPICS. This is your last warning. Next time I see a topic bump you are going on post moderation.
Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

kat

Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2013, 12:49:31 AMAND FOR GODS' SAKES STOP BUMPING YOUR TOPICS. This is your last warning. Next time I see a topic bump you are going on post moderation.

Saved you the job, Kindred.

Zelix... If you can't understand English, try the boards for your own language.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=12.0

Zelix

Quote from: K@ on July 19, 2013, 07:50:41 AM
Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2013, 12:49:31 AMAND FOR GODS' SAKES STOP BUMPING YOUR TOPICS. This is your last warning. Next time I see a topic bump you are going on post moderation.

Saved you the job, Kindred.

Zelix... If you can't understand English, try the boards for your own language.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=12.0
I understand, but I told you how i can understand more for my example, so help me i'm still open my page.

kat

Quote from: Zelix on July 19, 2013, 07:56:38 AMI understand, but I told you how i can understand more for my example, so help me i'm still open my page.

There's an example of the problem, I'm afraid. To me, that just doesn't make any sense. Sorry and all that. :(

Please. We WANT to help you, we honestly do. But, a person who speaks your language can help you MUCH better than we can.

You'll have to be patient, though. :)

Zelix

I just downloaded SMF 2.0.4, And installed it from FilaZilla, everything is works fine, but look where i Mistake, can anybody help me

Critical Error!

Host '30.160.154.78' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Kindred

and I have told you 5 times now.

It is obvious thaty the values which you are using are **NOT** the correct values for those settings.
Since you seem incapable of figuring out the correct values, you will need to talk to your host and ask THEM what values you should be using for those settings.

WE CAN NOT HELP YOU PAST THIS POINT. ONCE YOU FIGURE OUT, WITH YOUR HOST, WHAT THE CORRECT SETTINGS ARE, THEN YOU CAN COME BACK AND ASK FOR MORE HELP
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

merged the duplicate so as not to clutter...
(oops, just noticed that I cross moderated with Yoshi)
Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

What values, i must talk to the host what host ?what are you talking about ?

What values explain, and tell me how i talk with the host, tht's what i need.

kat

The values that you're trying to connect to the database with.

Either the username is wrong, the database name is wrong, or the password is.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2013, 09:01:41 AM
or all of them...
Why it's wrong omg, i just made them from MySQL

Please anyone help me VIA TeamViewer ?!?!?

I'll Pm my ID + PASS, need to help this ASAP.

Kindred

why can you not just do as we have suggested, multiple times?

Talk to your HOST.
Ask what the correct values for those fields should be (or where to specifically find them)
Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2013, 09:15:43 AM
why can you not just do as we have suggested, multiple times?

Talk to your HOST.
Ask what the correct values for those fields should be (or where to specifically find them)
How to call the Host??

Storman™

Kindred

well, I don't know that....   One would ASSUME that you have some way to contact your host either via email. helpdesk or phone...

If you don't know how to contact your host, how did you get a site set up in the first place?
Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

I told you already, I'm new with websites / forums, players on my server need a forums and i'm doing this for them, Idk how to talk to him on 000webhost, and idk what i should tell him what i have to tell him ??

Tell me where i can call him ? or talk to him or send email to him ?

And then tell me what i type to him ?

Kindred

Zelix,

I don't care how "NEW" you are with websites...   we have given you CLEAR instructions on what you need to do.
Additionally... looking back 6 months ago - you seem to have gotten a forum set up that time....

how the hell would we know how you contact your own host?

Seriously.
We provide support for the Simple Machines Forum software.

We can sometimes help out with suggestions on configuration for hosts, etc... but it is up to YOU as the site owner and admin to know how to handle the site itself.

since you seem to need us to hold you hand and wipe your nose for you as well...
from the 000webhost contact us page
Important: if you already have account with 000webhost.com, please login to Members Area and create new ticket or it will not be answered if submitted from here.

So... log into your account and find the option that looks like "suibmit a ticket" or "helpdesk" or something along those lines and take up your issues with them.
Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2013, 10:23:44 AM
Zelix,

I don't care how "NEW" you are with websites...   we have given you CLEAR instructions on what you need to do.
Additionally... looking back 6 months ago - you seem to have gotten a forum set up that time....

how the hell would we know how you contact your own host?

Seriously.
We provide support for the Simple Machines Forum software.

We can sometimes help out with suggestions on configuration for hosts, etc... but it is up to YOU as the site owner and admin to know how to handle the site itself.

since you seem to need us to hold you hand and wipe your nose for you as well...
from the 000webhost contact us page
Important: if you already have account with 000webhost.com, please login to Members Area and create new ticket or it will not be answered if submitted from here.

So... log into your account and find the option that looks like "suibmit a ticket" or "helpdesk" or something along those lines and take up your issues with them.
That's It. Thank you, i sent, and they told me you will get reply in 24 hours, ok i wait..

CheeseHead05

I found the beginning of this thread amusing. lol...thanks to all for being patient with this guy as you have been with me.  :)

kat

We try.

Sometimes, of course, we fail.

But, we do try. :)

CheeseHead05

Without this community, we wouldnt stand a chance esp for us beginner web developers/designers. Im actually learning/teaching myself from scratch with the help from u guys even tho it's taking quite a while but hey, im no certified developer nor do I have a degree in this computer field but I will say this : I have learned so much thru this site and it is highly appreciated! When I complete my site featuring the smf forums, u guys will be the first to see/critique!

-CheeseHead05

kat

When I joined this site, I, too, knew nothing, at all, about this kinda stuff.

Some might argue, somewhat justifiably, that I still don't. :)

CheeseHead05

The craziest thing I tell people is that I can now understand HTML and a little of PHP like WOW as i did learn on my own!  Yet Im not an expert by far but by messing with these forums I promise you will learn! But back to the Zelix's help! Sorry for the off topic convo u guys! lol

Zelix

Quote from: CheeseHead05 on July 19, 2013, 11:31:52 AM
The craziest thing I tell people is that I can now understand HTML and a little of PHP like WOW as i did learn on my own!  Yet Im not an expert by far but by messing with these forums I promise you will learn! But back to the Zelix's help! Sorry for the off topic convo u guys! lol
So.. ?? I need any help guys

kat

OK... One last try...

If you don't know the things that you need, WE CAN'T TELL YOU!

YOU HAVE TO GET THAT INFORMATION FROM YOUR HOST.

I can't put it any more clearly. You can say what you want, here. But, we REALLY can't help you, much as we wish that we could. It's IMPOSSIBLE for us to know the details that you want.

Once more, ASK YOUR HOST.

Kindred

And stop posting here, asking for help until after your host has responded.

It's not our fault that your host has a 24 hour response period.
Слaва
Украинi

Zelix

What this guys:

Hello,

It seems you are using incorrect MySQL hostname: we do not use 'localhost' our MySQL hostname is in 'mysqlXX.000webhost.com' format. In order to get your MySQL host name, please logon to cPanel and click on 'MySQL' icon. Then update your script configuration and change 'localhost' to your MySQL hostname.

Regards,
Helpdesk Staff
www.000webhost.com

I just removed the old MySQL, and created new, as you see here:

[link removed]

okay and replaced them on Insatller SMF, as you see here: [link removed]
Got the same error, I hope you fix this for me, because I'm new here, and i don't really understand as well.

Please do not post your SQL username and certainly not password in a public place.

Colin

You still have the mySQL host wrong. Please replace the server name field with:

mysql5.000webhost.com
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Kindred

Oh.... My.... Gods....

Nit only did the host tell you the format that the host server setting wold be, but The first image tells you, right in  the red bordered sections what values to use...   And yet you persist in using the wrong value.

How is ANYONE supposed to help you when you are willfully ignoring the data rightin front of your face as well as the advice given?
Слaва
Украинi

Colin

I see the confusion. The specific words "Server Name" are present on the right of that image. I can see how that would be confusing for someone starting out.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Zelix

Advertisement: