Need Help With SMF Forum 2.0.4

Started by Zelix, July 18, 2013, 07:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelix

Quote from: CheeseHead05 on July 19, 2013, 11:31:52 AM
The craziest thing I tell people is that I can now understand HTML and a little of PHP like WOW as i did learn on my own!  Yet Im not an expert by far but by messing with these forums I promise you will learn! But back to the Zelix's help! Sorry for the off topic convo u guys! lol
So.. ?? I need any help guys

kat

OK... One last try...

If you don't know the things that you need, WE CAN'T TELL YOU!

YOU HAVE TO GET THAT INFORMATION FROM YOUR HOST.

I can't put it any more clearly. You can say what you want, here. But, we REALLY can't help you, much as we wish that we could. It's IMPOSSIBLE for us to know the details that you want.

Once more, ASK YOUR HOST.

Kindred

And stop posting here, asking for help until after your host has responded.

It's not our fault that your host has a 24 hour response period.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Zelix

What this guys:

Hello,

It seems you are using incorrect MySQL hostname: we do not use 'localhost' our MySQL hostname is in 'mysqlXX.000webhost.com' format. In order to get your MySQL host name, please logon to cPanel and click on 'MySQL' icon. Then update your script configuration and change 'localhost' to your MySQL hostname.

Regards,
Helpdesk Staff
www.000webhost.com

I just removed the old MySQL, and created new, as you see here:

[link removed]

okay and replaced them on Insatller SMF, as you see here: [link removed]
Got the same error, I hope you fix this for me, because I'm new here, and i don't really understand as well.

Please do not post your SQL username and certainly not password in a public place.

Colin

You still have the mySQL host wrong. Please replace the server name field with:

mysql5.000webhost.com
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Kindred

Oh.... My.... Gods....

Nit only did the host tell you the format that the host server setting wold be, but The first image tells you, right in  the red bordered sections what values to use...   And yet you persist in using the wrong value.

How is ANYONE supposed to help you when you are willfully ignoring the data rightin front of your face as well as the advice given?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Colin

I see the confusion. The specific words "Server Name" are present on the right of that image. I can see how that would be confusing for someone starting out.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Zelix

Advertisement: