News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Want to remove an area from my post sections

Started by CheeseHead05, July 19, 2013, 11:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheeseHead05

I would like to know how do I remove that second line under the smiley on top of the attachment? What is its purpose?

Kindred

the line separates the message form the attachments.

There will be another that usually separates the signature as well...

see....

.signature, .attachments {
    border-top: 1px solid #AAAAAA;
    clear: right;
    font-size: 0.85em;
    line-height: 1.4em;
    overflow: auto;
    padding: 1em 0 3px;
    width: 98%;
}
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CheeseHead05

Is there a way to remove the line Im talking about and just leave the line that seperates the signature?

Kindred

divide the statements...

}
.signature {
}
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CheeseHead05

Pardon my slowness but what do you mean by divide the statements? Which statements?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

Kindred

you would be dividing the CSS statement --- exactly the way I indicated in my code
Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

So just find that first css code and replace with the second code, is what im assuming.

CheeseHead05

I remember reading a post that stated all themes don't have a css but I forgot the other route...Inside my css folder, there are only 3 lines..

Kindred

every theme has an index.css, as far as I know
Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

My notepad++ is not picking up on that code. I did find the css file tho..

Kindred

not picking up WHAT code?

open index.css
edit index.css
save index.css
Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

I think I may have found the code but everything is just switched around.

Storman™

QuoteI think I may have found the code but everything is just switched around.

Please explain what you mean ??

CheeseHead05

Kindred and Storman,

Im using a custom theme so mine isn't exactly like the one posted earlier but here is mines:

.signature, .attachments
{
   padding: 1em 0 3px 0;
   border-top: 1px solid #aaa;
}
.custom_fields_above_signature

Kindred

So? Do what I suggested above and separate the signature border from the combined CSS statement...

I have told you what needs to happen...   You should be able to take what I told you for the basic theme and apply a similar separation to yours without us holding your hand evey step of the way.
Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2013, 02:47:53 PM
divide the statements...

}
.signature {
}

Kindred,

Thanks for the enthusiast comment! but I added the second 'signature' to the bottom and swiched "border top:1px solid #aaa;' to under the signature that I added and not suprising nothing happened..

Kindred

did you clear the forum cache?

did you clear your browser cache?
Слaва
Украинi

CheeseHead05

Advertisement: