News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Unlimited Posts on one page/Continuous scrolling?

Started by CheeseHead05, August 01, 2013, 01:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheeseHead05

Is there a way that I can have an unlimited number of post on one page (a continuous scroll) withought it carrying on to page #2 or is there a max?

Chalky

Have a search on here for Emanuele's "Endless Topics" mod.  It's attached to a topic somewhere rather than residing on the mod site.  I installed it and it's brilliant, but due to a javascript conflict it disables the "quick modify" button within posts, so I felt under pressure to uninstall it until such a time as the conflict is resolved.  That time hasn't come yet, but if your members don't use the quick modify button, or you think it's a fair trade then try it out - I loved it  :)  Obviously back up everything first  ;)

Burke ♞ Knight

ChalkCat,

Have you tried it with the quick reply enabled by default?
That way, no need to click a button, and then maybe no conflict. ;)

Chalky

No, if there's one thing I hate hate hate it's quick reply.  I'd disable it permanently if it were up to me  :-X  Though it's the quick modify button that has the conflict....

This one

Mick.

Quote from: ChalkCat on August 01, 2013, 01:39:58 PM
Have a search on here for Emanuele's "Endless Topics" mod.  It's attached to a topic somewhere rather than residing on the mod site.  I installed it and it's brilliant, but due to a javascript conflict it disables the "quick modify" button within posts, so I felt under pressure to uninstall it until such a time as the conflict is resolved.  That time hasn't come yet, but if your members don't use the quick modify button, or you think it's a fair trade then try it out - I loved it  :)  Obviously back up everything first  ;)
You have a link for this mod? I couldnt find even under her mod profile.

Chalky

CheeseHead05

I took a look at it, but let me ask this, by default, what is the max amount of post that is each page before it rolls over to the next?

Chalky

It works with whatever number of posts per page setting you have in admin, but as you scroll down it automatically loads the next page into the existing one, that's all I know.  It worked great for me with my settings at 10 posts per page, even on my topic that's over 100 pages long - it just keeps scrolling down  :)

CheeseHead05

Ok, imma definitely try it out...the pages are cool but I think a continous scroll will be even better!

Chalky

Cool, I do think Emanuele's trick is awesome!  If you have any issues with it be sure to post over on that topic so Emanuele can see it and to keep any solutions organised in the same place for others  :)

CheeseHead05

Chalk,

I saw that a requirement is to have jQuery..How do I know if I have that?

Chalky

I think that if you go to make the edit to add the JQuery, you'll see whether it's already called there or not.  I think...  It would only be there if some mod has added it, so looking to see whether you've installed any JQuery mods might give you a clue.  Otherwise just stick it in for good measure  ;)

CheeseHead05

Chalky

Nooo, adding the jQuery is included in Emanuele's trick.  Just make all the edits  :)

CheeseHead05

Also, I am assuming that in order for the codes to be found, u must have jQuery?

Chalky

Since this discussion was continued on the Endless Topics thread, I'm going to mark this one as solved.  If you need to just mark it as not solved and post away  :)

Advertisement: