News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Forum 2.0.4 - Package Manager - Help

Started by Zelix, July 20, 2013, 06:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelix

Everything works fine on my forum, i just got one problem, if i click Package Manager Icon to download mods, i get white screen.

How to fix this?

White Screen:

Irisado

Please click on the first link in my signature.  It tells you how to solve this problem.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Zelix

Quote from: Irisado on July 20, 2013, 06:43:52 AM
Please click on the first link in my signature.  It tells you how to solve this problem.
Omg I don't understand english :(

Can you tell me what should i do, i can't read all that, i just need the fix codes or something, can you replace them here, tell me the codes ?

Illori

the issue is that you are using a free/cheap host, unless you pay for a good host there is nothing that can be done to fix your problem.

there is no code change that will solve your problem.

Chalky

Simply:

free host, eg. 000webhost => white screen problem  :'(

good paid host => problem solved  8)

Irisado

Quote from: Zelix on July 20, 2013, 06:48:10 AM
Omg I don't understand english :(

Can you tell me what should i do, i can't read all that, i just need the fix codes or something, can you replace them here, tell me the codes ?

You don't need to read the whole thread, only the first couple of posts by Kindred.  The wiki article is more concise, since it comprises just those posts, so it may be easier for you:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/What_the_white_screen_of_death_means_when_accessing_admin_or_package_installs

Once you've read that, you can ask if there is specific English phrasing which you don't understand, however, Illori and Chalkcat have given you the summarised solution above.  The problem is your hosting, not SMF's software.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Zelix

Guys my forums is free, and i am not going to pay, my forums is works, but i just got 1 problem, need to fix it!

Irisado

There is no other solution to those which are presented in the wiki article I linked you to.

I repeat, the problem you are experiencing is not a problem with SMF, so there's nothing we can do to help you.  You need to change your host.

Burke ♞ Knight

What web host are you using?

That will help us to make a list of web hosts that have this issue.

Illori

making a list does not help as there are too many free hosts out there and i bet 98% of them have this issue. if people pay for a non-oversold host they will not have the issue and have a better running forum.

Irisado

Quote from: BurkeKnight on July 20, 2013, 07:07:59 AM

He's using 000webhost, but as Illori says, I don't think that adding free hosts to the list you want to compile is that useful for the reasons given.

Chalky

Zelix, you want free host, you've got free host.  Now you understand why free hosts are free.

Quote from: ChalkCat on July 20, 2013, 06:56:39 AM
free host, eg. 000webhost => white screen problem  :'(

good paid host => problem solved  8)

Illori

since this issue cant really be solved on our end i am marking this thread solved.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: Irisado on July 20, 2013, 07:11:12 AM
Quote from: BurkeKnight on July 20, 2013, 07:07:59 AM

He's using 000webhost, but as Illori says, I don't think that adding free hosts to the list you want to compile is that useful for the reasons given.

1. The OP did not state what web host. The one mentioned was an example, by ChalkCat.
2. A list is a good idea, so it can be added to the wiki, so those people that see the wiki will know if their host is one of the ones this issue affects. Also, it will help other newbies stay away from those particular hosts.

Illori

it will not help people stay away, most have decided on their host before even installing their forum. people will always pick the cheapest options. a list will not make them think twice or not use a host. they will think the list is bias and not use it.

Irisado

You've not seen his other thread I take it ;)?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=507940.msg3578835#msg3578835

As you can see he mentions his host there.

I agree with Illori's point above, but if you want to write a wiki page on this, then you're welcome to do so.

Burke ♞ Knight

Not so much a separate page, just a list on the current page.
At the bottom, a small list of web hosts that have been reported.

Illori

and if anything about those hosts change we would not know, so it could be outdated, and then useless to keep a list of.

Zelix

Ok fixed, i got another problem, i can't open the link ??

This webpage is not available

WTF....

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: