News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adding space to smiley code?

Started by -Aki-, July 31, 2013, 03:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Aki-

hi!

people are typing rapidly and don't insert space around smiley code... like blabla:funny:blalablalallal   ... the :funny: gif wont be showing

is the any way to force space around smiley? i tested " :funny: "  without any luck :/

any ideas, this is an annoying problem.

noticed that competing forum software is capable of showin image even if i just type everything without spaces.. .like " once upon a time:):):funny:... blaa laa"  :(

kat

How about changing the codes to /funny: /angry: &c.  ???

The only other way that I can think of, at the moment, is using the word censor to substitute ":funny:" with ":funny: ", &c.

Both are gonna be a bit long-winded, if you have a shedload of smilies, though.

-Aki-

hi!
using those sensored words to add space works.... but i noticed that you have to be very carefull with your codes

like :))  and :)  , first one doesn't work after adding spaces, because it recognizes that basic smiley :) ... so this is the output :) )

so every code has to be quite unique

i don't know if putting current codes to [:))]  would help...it will still find that :) in there

but thanks for help... that works!

-Aki-

damn... whatta mess  :-\

dont know why "check the entire word" option isn't working in censorship page.... and now even the whole censorship isn't working?!?!? WTF

damn i hate my forum users :D   keep your idiotic smileys, stuff them to your *censored*

:P

kat

Heh... Gotta love 'em, aincha? ;)

I must confess, if that was my forum, I'd tell them to learn to type, properly, and leave things as they were. ;)

Advertisement: