News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Convert bbPress 1.0.2 to SMF 1.1.11?

Started by cabezon, March 10, 2010, 05:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcraft

That's it! Great job! THX!

Best regards

Tom

mommy_of_5

I am also attempting to convert bbPress to SMF 1.1.11. I've read through this topic and tried the conversion file attached in the above responses.

I continue to get the following error for each member during conversion:

Converting members...
Notice: Undefined index: memberName in .../html/forum/convert.php on line 1115
Notice: Undefined index: realName in .../html/forum/convert.php on line 1116

Then at the bottom, it states this:

Unsuccessful!
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'member_name' in 'field list'

Thanks in advance!

ThorstenE

my files from  above are for SMF 2.0 RC4 ;)

mommy_of_5

Oh, ok. Gotcha.  :D

But I also tried the conversion files for 1.1.11/1.1.12 located at http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=bbpress and I still get the exact same errors.

ThorstenE

yep, these files are for older bbpress versions (afaik Version 0.9.7)..
please try the attached files (both for 1.1.x)

mommy_of_5

Worked like a charm. Thanks for your time and quick responses!

mommy_of_5

Ok, wait. I spoke too soon...

My bbPress did seem to convert over correctly at first. However, I can only access 1 category and its posts. When I click the other categories, it takes forever then Windows eventually gives error, "the page contains too many server redirects."

Also, I cannot log in to the forums. I could before the conversion but cannot now. I can't login with my old or new username/password.

mommy_of_5

I was able to login with my old userid from bbPress. I just had to go into the SQL database and change ID group to 1 to get my admin permission back.

I think the error with the redirects may be linked to the pretty url plug-in/package I installed. Perhaps I should have waited to install that AFTER I converted.

ThorstenE

Quote from: mommy_of_5 on January 03, 2011, 07:07:31 PM
I think the error with the redirects may be linked to the pretty url plug-in/package I installed. Perhaps I should have waited to install that AFTER I converted.
yep, that's possible... Try uninstalling the prettyUrls modification.

mommy_of_5

I got this working late last night. I had to do some maintenance on the Pretty URLs and then it began to work properly.

venomWST

Quote from: Tomcraft on October 19, 2010, 05:39:43 AM
...the new skript worked excellent for bbPress 1.02!

I don't know why everibody works excellent with the convertion but I get the next problems.

I tryed the version of Norv's script but It didn't work.

I am looking for to convert bbpress 1.0.2 to SMF 1.1.12 and using this script (bbpress1.0_to_smf.sql and convert.php attached for Norv) the convertion works "partially", because...

1. It doesn't make the posts re-count for each user (Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!)
2. And the passwords don't work

In the firts problem, it seems like the convert don't detect the deleted posts in bbpress (I search the ID_TOPIC of the error and all shows as deleted in the bbpress db) and all the users show in SMF as they don't have any message.

And in the second problem, maybe could be the bbpress encryptation (bbpress use phpass) and the convert just copy the passwords as the same.
(does exist any script that help to solve the passwords in massive way?)

Error 1:

Error 2:

Can you help me please?... Thank you in advace  ;)

ThorstenE

1) Fix for convert.php:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=242961.msg2867944#msg2867944

2) Fix for the Posts counter:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2324

3): AFAIK bbpress passwords are simple md5($pass); SMF 2.0 can read many type of passwords encryption (the array $other_passwords is located in Sources/LogInOut.php).

pisatu

Any idea how to make SMF to connect/accept to the passwords that were enctrypted with BBPRESS?

Just installed/converted bbpress to smf, but the passwords don't work and the file Sources/LogInOut.php is pretty complicated.

zetaf

can anyone provide an update on this conversion to bbPress 1.0.2 to SMF 2.0.2 ?

as im trying the attachment previously posted
i get this error

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /forums/convert.php on line 972

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /forums/convert.php on line 975

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /forums/convert.php on line 987
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /forums/convert.php on line 2494

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /forums/convert.php on line 2495

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /forums/convert.php on line 1386

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /forums/convert.php on line 1386

zetaf

BRAM2002

Quote from: N. N. on March 11, 2010, 09:06:07 PM
Please try the attached files, with your 1.1.11 installation.
Thanks for the files...especiallyl for "bbpress_to_smf.sql" :D

JanHoos

Hello!

I'm running bbPress: 2.3.2. and I'm using the attached files for 1.0. When I  try running the converter it says it cant find the BBpress install directory. I'm running the converter from the SMF instal directory and got the URL to bbPress to end in: wp-content/plugins/BBpress/

Is there a new converter? I'm really missing some usefull features from bbPress and I'd like to use SMF to fix 'm :)

Sonio2

Same here. This plugin doesn't work with the new BBpress, that is a plugin now for Wordpress, not a standalone version.

Advertisement: