Adding a Link @ the top pf my page

Started by Uhura!, August 10, 2013, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

I want to add "Contact Us" to the top menu bar (with Home, Help, Forum, etc.)

Can you tell me where this is located in the cpanel files? www.OurMomSpot.net

Thanks!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

TheListener

Wouldn't it be easier to use the mod?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Uhura!

Can you tell me exactly where the /Sources/Subs.php  file is?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

ARG01

Wherever your SMF is installed just look for the folder "Sources" and in that folder you will find Subs.php.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Uhura!

I added the code...nothing happened. Where did I go wrong?

I want the Contact Us where the arrow is

Can you help?

Kindred

And have to added the ContactUs string to the text array in your language file?
and does page=Contact_Us actually exist as a valid target?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Uhura!

Quote from: Kindred on August 11, 2013, 10:06:33 PM
And have to added the ContactUs string to the text array in your language file?
and does page=Contact_Us actually exist as a valid target?

Contact_Us is a valid target, but I have not added it to the text array in my lang file. Can you tell me how to do that?

Thanks so much :)

Kindred

Well then, that pretty much explains why you are not seeing anything...  there is no text to display.

You would need to add $txt['ContactUs'] = 'Contact Us'; to your modifications.english.php
(assuming you are using standard english)
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

I would suggest downloading FileZila instead of "cPanel" to make your life easier.

Uhura!

Quote from: Kindred on August 11, 2013, 11:57:29 PM
Well then, that pretty much explains why you are not seeing anything...  there is no text to display.

You would need to add $txt['ContactUs'] = 'Contact Us'; to your modifications.english.php
(assuming you are using standard english)

can you tell me where that file is? is that the one under "themes"?

And where do I add this within the file?: $txt['ContactUs'] = 'Contact Us'

Uhura!

Quote from: Liam_michael on August 12, 2013, 12:17:06 AM
I would suggest downloading FileZila instead of "cPanel" to make your life easier.

thanks for the suggestion, but i'd rather make the simple changes in the cpanel.

Kindred

Themes/default/languages....

and, use the exact text that I listed, including the semicolon, otherwise you'll cause an error
Слaва
Украинi

Uhura!

Exactly where in the file would I place that code?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Uhura!

Kindred

1- you added your code in the wrong place.
Adding it after the logout (when logout is marked as the last button) was a mistake

2- You are missing a closing parens...
Слaва
Украинi

Uhura!

Quote from: Kindred on August 12, 2013, 02:12:44 PM
1- you added your code in the wrong place.
Adding it after the logout (when logout is marked as the last button) was a mistake

2- You are missing a closing parens...

Can you fix this code?
   ),
         'register' => array(
            'title' => $txt['register'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?action=register',
            'show' => $user_info['is_guest'],
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
            'is_last' => !$context['right_to_left'],
                  ),
                        'logout' => array(
            'title' => $txt['logout'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?action=logout;%1$s=%2$s',
            'show' => !$user_info['is_guest'],
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
                                'Advertise' => array(
            'title' => $txt['Advertise'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?page=Advertise_at_Our_Mom_Spot',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
      ),
                                'ContactUs' => array(
            'title' => $txt['ContactUs'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?page=Contact_Us',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
      ),
                ),
      );

// Allow editing menu buttons easily.
      call_integration_hook('integrate_menu_buttons', array(&$buttons));

I already added this to the language file:

$txt['related_topics'] = 'Related Topics';
$txt['Advertise'] = 'Advertise'
$txt['ContactUs'] = 'Contact Us'
// END Added by Related Topics

Kindred

'Advertise' => array(
            'title' => $txt['Advertise'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?page=Advertise_at_Our_Mom_Spot',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
         'ContactUs' => array(
            'title' => $txt['ContactUs'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?page=Contact_Us',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
             ),
         ),
         'register' => array(
            'title' => $txt['register'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?action=register',
            'show' => $user_info['is_guest'],
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
         'logout' => array(
            'title' => $txt['logout'],
            'href' => $scripturl . '?action=logout;%1$s=%2$s',
            'show' => !$user_info['is_guest'],
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
     );

you should not be adding things to the end, as I alreayd said... and you keep missing the second close parens.
Each section of the array has TWO sets of parens. One for the main button, one for the sub_buttons sub-array
Слaва
Украинi

Uhura!

I can't get the "Advertise" to work. Something is wrong when i add

Which part of this is wrong?~>

Quote$txt['related_topics'] = 'Related Topics';
$txt['ContactUs'] = 'Contact Us'
// END Added by Related Topics

Advertisement: