Is there another way to access "Newsletter" Option without going login via admin

Started by xxxTristamxxx, August 15, 2013, 10:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxxTristamxxx

Is there another way to access "Newsletter" Option without going login via admin.  Can members access the newsletter another way.  I am using 2.4 SMF.  Thanks

Arantor

No there isn't, however anyone with permission will be able to access that part of the admin panel (and only see the bits they have permissions for anyway)

xxxTristamxxx

So what you are saying is that if I give "Usergroup B" member of Usergroup B login to admin and send the newsletter out and will not have access or see all the other admin control panel features for administrators.  Correct?

Acans

Quote from: xxxTristamxxx on August 15, 2013, 10:54:25 AM
So what you are saying is that if I give "Usergroup B" member of Usergroup B login to admin and send the newsletter out and will not have access or see all the other admin control panel features for administrators.  Correct?

Ja. Just want you give him to see, plus the default admin landing page and support and credits.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Arantor

Not quite... Just literally give out the permission for newsletters. This will give them permission to access the landing page and the newsletter area. Don't give them anything else like "administrate the forum" because that includes a bunch of other stuff.

Arantor

ARG01

Quote from: Arantor on August 15, 2013, 11:04:33 AM
That lets them edit the news banner on the heading of the forum...

Yea, I misread the question. That's why I removed my post. :)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: