News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

The internal link extension never shows

Started by depends, August 30, 2013, 06:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

depends

Hey guys,
I need a bit of help with our site hxxp:clan-mil.com [nonactive] when you go to one of the links on the page it only says hxxp:clan-mil.com [nonactive] no matter where you go on the site when it should say for example hxxp:clan-mil.com/forums [nonactive] or hxxp:clan-mil.com/???????/ [nonactive]?????? but all we ever see is hxxp:clan-mil.com [nonactive]. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

depends

EDIT: I meant the folder name and web page file name don't show after the domain name /folder/filename so i link exactly what I am looking at to others

Arantor

Ugh, I see what your problem is. Domain forwarding is a very bad idea.

What's happening is that clan-mil.com is just a frame redirecting to the real address, http://64.94.100.248:8081/index.php and the frame's URL (clan-mil.com) is effectively masking everything else as you've found.

I don't know how you bought the domain or the hosting but the two are very definitely not configured properly, and that's not really anything SMF can fix - it needs to be fixed wherever you bought the domain and hosting from.

Once you do have the hosting sorted out you will need to configure SMF not to use the IP address for connections.

Advertisement: