News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

option to open links in same window -- wishlist/feature request

Started by brynn, August 26, 2013, 04:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

it does not show but it exists. there are many tags that are not shown by default but they do exist.

Arantor

No, there's no button for it, just as there's no button for *most* of the bbcode SMF actually supports.

For example, abbr, acronym, black, white, red, blue, green. They're all valid bbcode.

Mick.

Let me refresh this, it's not a iurl tag thing. It's about links from move topics and other areas. Sorry, again, on my phone.

brynn

Well the mod's outdated and unsupported and I can't use it.

Thanks Arantor!

The problem I have with your #2, is teaching members how to use the iurl tag in some places and url tag in others.  You know how hard it is to get members to do something like that.  And I certainly am not going to have time to edit everyone's messages, so that my whole forum works the way I want.  And plus, if I go to another SMF forum, likely no one cares, and  I still get new tabs/windows for every link.

What's wrong with options?  Provide options and everyone can have what they want!  Especially if they are both admin and user options, because then if I visit a different SMF forum where I'm a member, I can have that forum behave how I like.

Mick.

I'm going to make this a priority. It's more than moved topics. There are other internal links that does this behavior. Just can't do it at the moment.

Illori

:-*

did you know that one exists? :P [i know arantor knows it exists... he knows it all]

Illori

Quote from: Mick. on August 26, 2013, 05:34:42 PM
I'm going to make this a priority. It's more than moved topics. There are other internal links that does this behavior. Just can't do it at the moment.

i have seen no other links in smf open in a new window by default. even the move page opens in the same window.

Arantor

I seriously doubt it will be implemented in 2.1 unless 1) someone actually writes it, 2) the people who approve inclusions agree and 3) the change doesn't break anything else (which is surprisingly likely)

(Illori: I still have a list of the 25 or so easter eggs still in 2.0.5. Yes, I was more than aware of that one. For the code you used, chr is also a valid variation on the k ;))

Move topic may actually generate an iurl, I don't remember but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. That's not a big job to fix actually.

brynn

Quote from: Illori on August 26, 2013, 05:36:20 PM
:-*

did you know that one exists? :P [i know arantor knows it exists... he knows it all]

You're talking about a mod that already exists?  The one that's outdated and unsupported?

Illori

you mean :-* ? i dont see chr in the file ;)

no i am talking about bbc not the mod

brynn

Arantor

-sigh- No, that's not what we're talking about. We were talking about examples of bbcode that don't have editor buttons and Illori pointed out a very rare and obscure example that most people don't know.

@illori: Oh, my bad, it's spelled chrissie, not chrissy.

My favourite easter egg is still the modify cat one.

brynn

Quote from: Mick. on August 26, 2013, 05:34:42 PM

Thanks Mick.  :D

Advertisement: