News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Google AdSense in SMF, various positions...

Started by Moonray, September 25, 2005, 11:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim2009

very nice forum. I read this thread from the begining. I try to add google adsense. I tried the code that I got from google and the code that I saw here with my id. Every thing was not difficult: copy and paste according to the instructions yesterday but nothing happened. I see no ads; I wish to put it on the first page.
I use Babylon theme    hxxp:humansecretsonline.com [nonactive]

Any advice is welcomed!

macayub

It works on my forum (Babylon Theme) like magic, though I just installed the forum few days ago. 
Thank you very much.  ;) ;)

jim2009

Pls tell me where did you paste it exactly.
Thanks

jim2009

I have already found out how to manage. I don't need help.
Thanks.

masbury12

Hello, I am trying to insert my adsense code for my forum and haven't been able to so far.  I am not sure where to place the ad, I'm using the FCY-Themes.  I tried downloading the ad management, and it does not show in my configuration list.  Please can someone help?
thanks

kingkingston

Quote from: masbury12 on November 29, 2009, 11:25:41 PM
Hello, I am trying to insert my adsense code for my forum and haven't been able to so far.  I am not sure where to place the ad, I'm using the FCY-Themes.  I tried downloading the ad management, and it does not show in my configuration list.  Please can someone help?
thanks

What language and smf version are you using ?,if they know that,people might be able to help.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Have you tried using your adsense code in a HTML block from portal mods

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

masbury12

Thanks King... the smf version that I am using is 1.1

and John, I haven't tried the code in a HTML block like you mentioned, how would I do that?

thank you both for responding.

kingkingston

Quote from: masbury12 on November 30, 2009, 08:07:13 PM
Thanks King... the smf version that I am using is 1.1

and John, I haven't tried the code in a HTML block like you mentioned, how would I do that?

thank you both for responding.
with a html block from a portal system,one from the mod site

nigerianwall

Guys greetings to you all. thanks for the above info, but i dont know how to utilize them. Someone was contracted to handel my website for me and i dont know jack how i can and where to place all these codes. can someone help me?

h78509

Quote from: kingkingston on November 30, 2009, 12:31:05 AM
Quote from: masbury12 on November 29, 2009, 11:25:41 PM
thanks

What language and smf version are you using ?,if they know that,people might be able to help.

I have the same problem. I'm using 2.0 RC2 and English, default theme.

I installed Ad Management (right after clean install) and everything seemed to go as planned, only I didn't see any change in the "Configuration" drop-down menu (or anywhere else). Then when I tried to uninstall, I got a screen full of red text.

I'm guessing I have to change file permissions or something but how can they be wrong when I haven't touched anything and the installation seemed to go ok?

DoctorMalboro

excelent tip, but it's a little bit of annoying advertisement on a forum  ;)

jim2009

The adsense are very nice on my forum. I used the code that I found on this discussion topic and I added my pub code. When I go to my google account I still see my adv. as new and not active. Any idea if this is oke and i must wait! or I have to do some changes?  Thanks
humansecretsonline.com

supahben

I want it within the post just like what digitalpoint (its vb, sorry) did on their forum

Massl

Hi,
does anyone know how to add the banner in the header near the logo?

The banner can also be added in the last post after the signing?

Many thanks

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

That depends on which version of SMF your asking about, you can replace the entire code for the SMF logo and replace with google adsense code though, (small ad recommended)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Massl

Thanks JohnCcCcCc, i added the code on index.template.php (Theme Curve) after
// the upshrink image, right-floated

And is perfect but there is a way to add the banner in the last post after the signing?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Max_74 on January 08, 2010, 09:47:44 AM
Thanks JohnCcCcCc, i added the code on index.template.php (Theme Curve) after
// the upshrink image, right-floated

And is perfect but there is a way to add the banner in the last post after the signing?

Your best bet is to use a portal HTML block or Ad Management mod for placing simple code, its much easier than hard coding thus no coding required, just copy and paste

SMF 2.0 RC5

spytrdr

I'm using the Ad Management Mod, it's great and was so easy to install. But how do I CENTER the ads? They are all aligned to the left by default and there is no way to change that in the settings.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: spytrdr on January 14, 2010, 10:55:41 AM
I'm using the Ad Management Mod, it's great and was so easy to install. But how do I CENTER the ads? They are all aligned to the left by default and there is no way to change that in the settings.

where you input the ad code add the HTML center tags there

<center>
You code here
</center>

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: