Google AdSense in SMF, various positions...

Started by Moonray, September 25, 2005, 11:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrabright10

Great tips! The adsense are very nice on my forum. I used the code that I found on this discussion topic and I added my pub code. And it works!  ;D Thank you!

KensonPlays

good job! I was denied adsense for some reason. i answered questions,etc correctly, oh well i dont be using this.

great job though!

wcharlot

Wow this is really very helpful.

It helped me gain some information. I am just a newbie. Thanks

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 11, 2010, 01:53:43 AM
good job! I was denied adsense for some reason. i answered questions,etc correctly, oh well i dont be using this.

great job though!

IMHO all of these can be used to all other ads as well. So if you have other ads to display, you may use them too.

KensonPlays

I will just use SimpleAds though, once i get ads, and once paypal gets verified, ill use paid subscriptions for ad-free!

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 11, 2010, 10:49:49 PM
I will just use SimpleAds though, once i get ads, and once paypal gets verified, ill use paid subscriptions for ad-free!

Sounds like you'll getting richer, Kcmartz... ;D

KensonPlays

Eventually. Ill probably charge between $1.50-$5 per year, very small so maybe more members will purchase!

And possibly when you reach 10k posts on my site you'll get free ad-free!

wcharlot

Kcmartz, that can be the coolest suggestion! O:)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Those options can be achieved easily with a few PHP conditions before the ad script and one paid subscription to automate the entire process.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 12, 2010, 10:31:44 PM
Eventually. Ill probably charge between $1.50-$5 per year, very small so maybe more members will purchase!

And possibly when you reach 10k posts on my site you'll get free ad-free!

That is a nice idea. At least it is enough to support your domain and hosting annual fee. :D

KensonPlays

yep, most will go to the site, and when its more regular, move to a better host! but until then no ads can speed up page loading. if i make $15/year ill take $2 for me. something like that

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 13, 2010, 09:29:53 AM
yep, most will go to the site, and when its more regular, move to a better host! but until then no ads can speed up page loading. if i make $15/year ill take $2 for me. something like that

I have all my ads set up this way, if you need any help with it, don't hesitate to ask :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

wcharlot

From now on I am going to get Adsense. this is really making sense now.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: wcharlot on September 14, 2010, 12:19:39 AM
From now on I am going to get Adsense. this is really making sense now.
Adsense is the number 1 ad provider I believe, I would use a tracking system however, if some of your visitors/members misuse the ads, click clicking the c**P out of them just to help you (without you even knowing) Adsense will disable your account, and until you provide logs and they determine what happened it will never be enabled again.

Just be careful, and don't click your own ads, not that you will, just a friendly warning. Google are VERY strict.

SMF 2.0 RC5

KensonPlays

JohnCcCcCc, if you could, PM me what ad services you use, a few of those free backlink ones would be nice, and some cheap ones, ill pay the ads and free ones once I get around 200+ posts a day and 500 members or more

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I use Adbrite. but I do not advertise my forum, I just use the publisher section only.

SMF 2.0 RC5

KensonPlays

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Errmmm...

Ad providers for publishers pay you, you don't pay them...

SMF 2.0 RC5

nend

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 21, 2010, 01:53:13 AM
is adbrite free?

also, is mochiads?

There free for publishers to put the ads on their sites.

However Mochi is for flash games, they are embedded in the games in other words and takes a little know how to get them set up. If you plan to run flash games with Mochi ads in them please take a look at my Mochi Media Hack for SMF Arcade.

I use AdBrite, AdSense and Mochi with a competitive edge through Google's Double Click program. I also run paid ads through my sites through Google Double Click program or AdBrite.

However I am unsure of the legal age you must be to participate in these programs. You got your labor laws and plus legal binding contracts really don't hold up in the US for minors so allot of companies are hesitant to allow minors to sign up. I don't know which programs may not allow sign up due to age, but that is something you can figure out.

nend

Quote from: ahrasis on September 22, 2010, 05:07:48 AM
Quote from: nend on September 21, 2010, 11:21:07 PM
I use AdBrite, AdSense and Mochi with a competitive edge through Google's Double Click program. I also run paid ads through my sites through Google Double Click program or AdBrite.
What is Google's Double Click program? I just heard about it here. Can you explain a bit? It sounds interesting.

https://www.google.com/dfp

I think you can get a better picture there.

Advertisement: