News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Google AdSense in SMF, various positions...

Started by Moonray, September 25, 2005, 11:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonray

Quote from: thetzfreak on November 25, 2005, 05:47:35 PM
It seems that this guy left us :( He hasn't logged on since 2 months ago.

Sorry, I was very busy for sometime and could not answer the questions here.

I have made changes to my forum themes and they look much better (to me) now. I will post the details here soon. Would it be better if I pack it as a 'new' theme itself?

Base theme used: curveSMF

Demo 1: Joomlaspan Forum

• Note the first category on homepage
  • Note the first reply to every post
  • Left column now has a tower ad, supposed to be red hot zone for high CTR!

Demo 2: Mediscuss

Would love your feedback on these modifications to the curveSMF theme to integrate AdSense into it...

IncubuS

Wow Demo 1: Joomlaspan Forum is really amazing .

Would you share this full template ? And question i seen that you are running under SMF 1.0.5 , this template ( if you gona share it ) gona work on 1.1RC1 ?
www.the-ien.com [nofollow]

IncubuS

Will be great if you can share both of your themes they are great . Everyone would appreciate it  8)

Moonray

Thank you for appreciating the themes...

You can download the new theme based on curveSMF. It has been renamed GreenSense, an appropriate name, as it has green color adn AdSense :)

Details at Joomlaspan Forum:
GreenSense Theme for SMF with AdSense

Thumbnail:

Preview:
Joomlaspan Forum

Download:
GreenSense Download

The files currently have the developer's AdSense ID. Please change it to your own. Details are at the forum thread mentioned above for this theme.

IncubuS

Im waiting every day for this release to be done  :D I gona check this post every day . keep us updated tho  :-*

Moonray

Quote from: IncubuS on December 11, 2005, 04:36:02 PM
Im waiting every day for this release to be done  :D I gona check this post every day . keep us updated tho  :-*

Check the post above. We were typing at the same time :)

Eternity

Hi Sorry have tried to follow your instructions but am getting an error message.  Template parse error.  I didn't change anything but inserted the adsense id, was going to make the colour amendents to fit with the template later am using the classic theme. 
http://www.tesda.org.uk
http://www.tesda.org.uk/Downloads

Open Source software is an innovative form and opportunity to break through the barriers of poverty and contribute positively to development and free trade.

winnet

there ane any posibillities to change the google script for each category?

for one category let say I want ads from one channel, for other category ads for other channel, etc.

Moonray

Quote from: winnet on December 11, 2005, 07:20:05 PM
there ane any posibillities to change the google script for each category?

for one category let say I want ads from one channel, for other category ads for other channel, etc.

Not with the current script.

Quote from: Query on December 11, 2005, 06:18:42 PM
Hi Sorry have tried to follow your instructions but am getting an error message.  Template parse error.  I didn't change anything but inserted the adsense id, was going to make the colour amendents to fit with the template later am using the classic theme. 

See if you are missing out some ' or ; characters... If you are not sure, post the script change you have made at the Joomlaspan forum, one of us will take a look at it.

IncubuS

All was great for be , but looks that theres a bug , at the 3post on a topic something screw up :
PS : Im useing SMF 1.0.5 fresh installed special for this theme .
PS2: At every 3rd post on a topic thats what happend. Any idea ?
heres a screen :

winnet

Quote from: shashikiranu on December 12, 2005, 01:57:51 AM
Quote from: winnet on December 11, 2005, 07:20:05 PM
there any any possibilities to change the google script for each category?

Not with the current script.

it's hard to modify?
should be more usefull and more personalized

Moonray

Quote from: IncubuS on December 12, 2005, 09:52:20 AM
All was great for be , but looks that theres a bug , at the 3post on a topic something screw up :
heres a screen :

I see the problem. I will check it right now and correct it...
Thanks for letting me know.

IncubuS

I will wait in here for probaly one update :) Please keep us updated tho  :P

IncubuS

Quote from: shashikiranu on December 12, 2005, 10:22:37 AM
Quote from: IncubuS on December 12, 2005, 09:52:20 AM
heres a screen :

I see the problem. I will check it right now and correct it...
Thanks for letting me know.

Well i belive you have to fix some of the source , and i thought that you will post a fix or something .

Moonray

Well, here you go.

Just download again from the same page. I have updated the file.

The problem apparently was in the instruction line - where I had instructed the change of AdSense ID. Have removed that... tested to work okay now.

If you have any further problems, please let me know.

Eternity

Quote from: shashikiranu on December 12, 2005, 01:57:51 AM
See if you are missing out some ' or ; characters... If you are not sure, post the script change you have made at the Joomlaspan forum, one of us will take a look at it.

Thanks very much for your reply.  I will redo check it and then if I can't find the problem, I will do as you have suggested and post the script at Joomlaspan. thanks Appreciated. 

Open Source software is an innovative form and opportunity to break through the barriers of poverty and contribute positively to development and free trade.

Eternity

Shashikiranu

Really cool its working now, I checked and fixed something and now they are working.  One little hinge they have a //> in front of the ad so I not sure I must have made a mistake somewhere. I will try to recheck that straight away. They show up under the first post I would love to have them on the header of also if possible.  Is there any way to do that?  Or will that create too many problems with logging in and out issues?

Thanks for all your assistance and patience.

Moonray

Quote from: Query on December 13, 2005, 04:13:06 AM
They show up under the first post I would love to have them on the header of also if possible.  Is there any way to do that?  Or will that create too many problems with logging in and out issues?

Thanks for all your assistance and patience.

Header as in my forum currently? Check the Joomlaspan Forum now. Is that what you need?

Eternity

Quote from: shashikiranu on December 13, 2005, 04:18:03 AM

Header as in my forum currently? Check the Joomlaspan Forum now. Is that what you need?

Thats a beautiful forum nice design and layout.  You know the banner under your main menus just like that but a google ad box.  Inbetween the body of the forum and the login headings box.

Thanks so much for that script, it was really easy to install.  I don't think I will bother to change the colours after all they seem to blend in just fine with the classic theme.

Advertisement: