News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Why is there not a single mod that works for SMF 2.0.5!!!!!

Started by nathansuchy, August 20, 2013, 07:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathansuchy

I just installed SMF 2.0.5 and I have yet to find a single mod that after I download does not say the following:
"Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF. "
All files and folders have the permissions 777 and I'm hosted by NFSN, Inc. Last time I used the software it was better. The mods say they will work so why are they not working?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Arantor

QuoteWhy is there not a single mod that works for SMF 2.0.5!!!!!

Because it's only been out a few days and authors haven't just clicked the three times necessary to list mods as being updated.

QuoteAll files and folders have the permissions 777 and I'm hosted by NFSN, Inc. Last time I used the software it was better

So every single SMF file and folder has 777 permissions? That might in itself be your problem.

What error, specifically are you getting? The exact error you get will help figure out what's going on.

nathansuchy

The mod pages say they work with 2.0.5  8) yet I get errors when trying to install the mods  :'(

Arantor

And I get frustrated trying to help you. Please, calm down and tell me *exactly* what error message you're getting when you try to install a mod.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: