News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Recent posts user preference

Started by miseryshining, March 19, 2007, 05:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bec

is anyone supporting this mod?

I originally posted my problem back October 15, 2009 and no one has been offering support since August 22, 2009. I understand people get busy but still you created the mod you need to a least be here occasionally to support it especially when there are issues with it!

Mimmi

Quote from: Bec on January 23, 2010, 06:26:53 PM
is anyone supporting this mod?

I originally posted my problem back October 15, 2009 and no one has been offering support since August 22, 2009. I understand people get busy but still you created the mod you need to a least be here occasionally to support it especially when there are issues with it!

I disagree. As long as we get a mod for free we can't demand support. If people had to promise to support their mods there wouldn't be any. Things happens. People get sick, they loose their inspiration to do things for free, or they just get busy. A company you pay you may demand support from. A devoted person who spends hours and days creating things for others to enjoy can not give the same amount of service, over time.

So, to your problem:
Quote from: Bec on October 14, 2009, 07:52:17 PM
just installed on my 1.1.10 forum and it has come to my attention that it is not showing all recent topics - i have it set to show topics instead of posts and user preferences are disabled as I want it to just show all recent topics.... am i missing something? does it now show all recent topics as default?

If you able user preferences your domain/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=recentposts; and then go to you own profile, Recent posts settings index.php?action=profile;u=N;sa=recentPosts, is it then possible for you to choose which boards you want to monitor? If you select all, and check the Recent topics list, is all the topics there now? index.php?action=recenttopics If nothing's missing, then try to disable the user preferences.  Is the topics list still correct?

If not, I would urge you to able the user preferences again. What's the disadvantage of letting people choose for themselves which boards to monitor?

The way I use it:
Enable extra user preferences for recent post blocks: Check
Use recent topics mode (instead of posts) on board index: Disabled

Some of my users prefers the Recent posts list. So I let them choose. Recent posts is still available from below the user name, while Recent topics is available from the Menu. Maybe you too may do something like that?
Forum-junkie and still a newbie in the world of administrating php etc... Volunteers in reproductive rights. http://www.liv-laga.no/

colby2152

I agree... I have been tracking this mod for quite some time eagerly awaiting an update, but the original author is not obligated to do anything.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

unformatted_

Hi!
Cant install on smf 2.0 rc3
Someaone can help me please?
Its possible to update this mod to the latest smf version?

thanls

colby2152

Quote from: vasco on November 11, 2010, 11:38:52 AM
Hi!
Cant install on smf 2.0 rc3
Someaone can help me please?
Its possible to update this mod to the latest smf version?

thanls

The mod creator would have to do this...
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

ayteck

im waiting too for 2.0 rc3

Lewzor

I'm assuming this is prolly a discontinued mod , even though i was hoping to see some rc4 updates....... would really prove useful *l00x it over*

Owner: http://liquid-security.net [nofollow]

_sebas_

I have  SMF  1.1.12

---------
the point is that the participated icons do not appear to  in the page "recenttemplates"

Does anyone know why this happens?
Can you afford?

versus

_sebas_

two questions

1 - Forums are always growing, the problem is that adding a new subforum, default user preferences appears that new subforum as unchecked.
Is it possible that by default the subforum appear selected to display the topics on the list?
How I can do?
"I can change any default option of the database?

2 - is possible add the flag "new" in the list of recent topics in Boardindex ?

_sebas_

nobody?

please, question -1 is very important !

Angie on Dialysis

I have a special request to the mod maker .. is there any way to get this so that it can be set from the admin side which topics to show on the recent post box? I am admin of my board and do not wish to show
thread games" in that box but just show medical news and support and important posts like that..

_sebas_

HELP !! please !

this Mod has a serious lack, which then emerges as time passes and the forum grows.

by default, when NEW Subforums created :  its recent topics not are selected to visible to users,

Anyone who knows how to hack the code for adding a new sub-forum, by default, their topics are visible in the recent list?

This makes it totally useless mod work

Any other idea of brute force? Reset?
overrided from administration ?

ellion

Any body managed to get this working on 2.0gold?

it would a shame if this was abandoned as it added much better featurees than the other recent post prefernece mods.

colby2152

Quote from: ellion on June 26, 2011, 07:58:10 AM
Any body managed to get this working on 2.0gold?

it would a shame if this was abandoned as it added much better featurees than the other recent post prefernece mods.

Still waiting on it for 2.0 RC5,,,

oridyne

Hi
Just tried this mod but getting the following errors:

8: Undefined index: views
File: xx/Forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 340
8: Undefined index: replies
File: xx/Forum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 339

I have the "advanced recent posts" mod installed, which I am sure is the cause of the issue, but not sure if I can alter the code to fix this?
Any help?
<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Big Bang Burger Bar

Angie on Dialysis

Is anyone willing (who has the know how) to take this mod over since it is obviously abandoned? I think there is a huge demand still for it.

Quote from: sebtor on May 17, 2011, 05:39:22 PM
HELP !! please !

this Mod has a serious lack, which then emerges as time passes and the forum grows.

by default, when NEW Subforums created :  its recent topics not are selected to visible to users,

Anyone who knows how to hack the code for adding a new sub-forum, by default, their topics are visible in the recent list?

This is interesting to me. Wonder if there is a simple way to hack the code to control which are visible and which are not. I would be interested if there is because in my case I want to make certain sections NOT show up on the recent posts mod.

Also it seems this is more updated (2012) one for 1.+ AND 2.+ SMF: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2469 (thread: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=369478.0_http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=369478.0)

Originally when I got this mod I thought it could filter out certain sections:

Quotesupported filters:

boards=all; (all boards, overrides user preference)
boards=2,4; (board filter, overrides user preference)
limit=3; (days)

But it seems it is by user and not admin done for the whole board.... which my members are not the most technically savvy...

Quote from: miseryshining on March 19, 2007, 05:37:32 PM
[admins]
SMF2: "configuration -> modifications -> Recent posts/topics"
SMF1: "features and options -> Recent posts/topics"

• enable extra user settings for users (only relevant for blocks)
  • Use recent topics mode instead on board index
  • Nr of posts to whow in blocks by default
  • Timeframe in which to search for recent posts/topics (in days)

croboy

I think it it really important that SMF has mod like this. In my opionion filtering is not crucial. We just need to have option to list recent topics instead posts.

NHWD

Wow i just found this mod and it looks really useful. It's a shame that it hasn't been updated.

Advertisement: