So
Subject: HLC023

& in MySql
Mid(subject,4,3) > HLC
Username> Driver
left(Subject,8)> Time

and the current BBcode is [HLC]023[/HLC]
which iframes a php file & filters HLC=023

Its not perfect but it works well for us.

I'm really not asking for a complete solution, just a way to PHP an sql table using BBcode.

far2slow

first off sorry i don't want to hijack your thread, but I am working on something like this for our forum. the way we will be doing it is like how you would add a new poll with a section before the first post that displays a league table, members can add there time to the table and update there time if they do a faster one. not sure if this would work for you but maybe this is another way of doing it rather than trying to grab data form posts and then sorting it all out ?

Argonort

Sounds ideal Far2, have you got it running anywhere ?

far2slow

not yet Argonort been busy with rl, but will get it done in the next week or 2

Argonort

Would definitely like to see it running chap,
be cool if you could post a link when done :)

far2slow

sure i will post up a link when its done. if nothing else it may give you a few idea's

far2slow

This is the way i went about it  http://gamersrespawn.co.uk/index.php?topic=4041

as guests don't have permissions to add/update there times,  the section where you would add your time will not show, hope this gives you a few ideas.

Bigguy

I think he wants the first post in the thread to be able to collect race times from members that post in that thread. All race times get gathered and displayed in the first post from best time to worst. That's how I understand it anyway.

far2slow

like you say that's the way he wants to do it.
If you read a few posts back he asked me to post a link to the system we use once finished

Argonort

You're right BigGuy,
My request was the next step up from what I'm already doing, what Far2 has made is the proper way.
I might have been capable of understanding a bit of Php/BBcode,  but far2s thing is way out my league  :).

Far2, from reading your thread, can I assume it wont be released as a mod ?  ;D
It's spot on mate, I think I'll just get back into Horizon & join up  ;)

far2slow

Thanks for your kind words on our site.

creating the basic league table is not all that hard, what i found a pain was adding a handicap system into it.

As for as releasing the mod,  I am not all that sure there will be all that many people that want it for there forums ?

InsomniacP

I can reiterate what Far2Slow has done works great, clever system..
www.gamersrespawn.co.uk 25+ Gaming Community

Bigguy

Is this solved now, if so, please mark it as such. Thank you.

Argonort

I can't mush, I got locked out of the OP account when I changed the email address.

SOLVED

Advertisement: