Need assistence manually turning a setting off (email activation)

Started by Chicoed, September 04, 2013, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicoed

Hello,

Long time listener first time caller.

I managed to get my Account with my hosting company turned off.

On SMF i enabled the e-mail to activate account function, as I assumed that would stop the spam for a while so I could clean up my forum.

What it did was over run my inbox with 30,000+ emails a day and get my hosting account to shut me down.

I obviously don't have access to the SMF software, or my site, to change the setting, and must do it manually in the code.

My Issue is that I really don't know what I'm doing.

If someone could give me some insight that would be great!

HELP!  :P

Chicoed

Kindred

moved... :)

You don't have access to your site at all? Can't you tell your host that you need it turned on in order to shut down the problem?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chicoed

I called and asked that they enable it so I may fix the issue, but they declined.

I do have access to my cpanel, but the site is suspended.

kat

Kindred

go to phpmyadmin

run

UPDATE smf_settings SET registration_method='3'

this will turn OFF registration and allow you to clena up the mess.

you still have to convince them to turn it back on though....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chicoed

Thanks I think I have it.

It was set as "2", not set as a three

Just for reference/posterity could you tell us what the setting 1,2,& 3 call out?

Burke ♞ Knight

Immediate Registration
Email activation
Admin Registration
Registration Disabled

There are 4, but I think that means 0-3 since 3 is registration disabled.

Kindred

yes...likie most logical sets, the array starts at 0, so 0-3 are four settings
Слaва
Украинi

Burke ♞ Knight

Figured that. :)

Just wanted to be 100% sure that I listed them in order...
Just because they are in that order in the drop down, does not mean they are in numerical order. LOL

Chicoed

Advertisement: